acer cb242y settings
On 27″ monitors though, 1080p results in a lower pixel per inch ratio, which makes for a more pixelated image. Then I used the Lagom monitor test pages to confirm my impression. Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. Price: $153.86 & FREE Shipping: This fits your . There are three additional hotkeys for shortcuts and a power button. Refresh Rate NUM paints the refresh rate in yellow at the top right, which does not seem very useful to me. The color menu and the audio menu contain no surprises. It is a cheap solution that looks nice, it gives the otherwise minimal design some character. It is part of the rather new budget series CB2, the CB242Y with its various subvariants is the cheapest model.Its price is at around $130. FreeSync worked without issue, from 50 to 75 FPS. Bezels are slim at top and the sides, at the bottom there is a bigger chunk of textured black plastic. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Without the direct contrast you wouldn’t perceive it as very blurry, just as something moving fast, but switching between the two modes it almost hurts when you turn if off and all details of the moving objects seem to vanish. That might be nice if you do not already use software like f.lux, redlight or the Windows integrated night light feature. Its picture quality is … CNET may get a commission from these offers. But in some european countries it is right now the only available variant. $ 169.99 There’s one HDMI 1.4 port and one VGA input. You can access and select four different filter settings onscreen easily through the OSD menu to find the best one that suits the task at hand. Features and aesthetics. 9.5 lbs, HDMI, The Acer CB242Y is also available as a 27″ model for ~$150, the Acer CB272, which has DisplayPort and integrated speakers. The initial response time test did suggest a relevant slow response time at the 0/128 and 0/192 transitions, with overdrive being in the normal setting. It is part of the rather new budget series CB2, the CB242Y with its various subvariants is the cheapest model. The white and black level were good but not optimal, with the last step not being clearly visible in both, and improving the one test via the black boost setting of course worsened the other. But that result does not affect regular use negatively. Plus, it provides a decent pixel density on 24″ monitors, so you’ll have plenty of screen space available as well as sharp and clear details. Super sharpness works like a TV post process filter, it’s striking how well it works for some graphics and how bad for text. Specified is 48 FPS as lower range, that it stopped 2 FPS early might be specific to my test setup. There’s also an sRGB mode for accurate color representation in addition to three user-configurable modes and several pre-calibrated picture presets such as Reading, Dark Room, Movie, etc. The Acer CB242Y is an affordable 24″ 1080p IPS monitor with AMD FreeSync and a fully adjustable thin-bezel design. That is a good result: Often enough, budget IPS monitors will have a lot of backlight bleed that is hard to ignore. However, if you’re looking for a monitor mainly for gaming, be sure to check out the 144Hz display mentioned above. Rob is a software engineer with a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Denver. 9.2 in, 12.7 in, By doing so, it introduces screen flickering (which is invisible to the human eye), and it decreases the monitor’s maximum brightness while active. Other panel related specifications of the CB242Y include a static contrast ratio of 1,000:1 and a peak brightness of 250-nits, which is standard for an IPS display at this price range. Review content. But keep in mind that I did not notice ghosting as a negative while gaming. Best Gaming Monitor 2020 – The Ultimate Guide, Best Curved Monitors – Buyer’s Guide and Monitor Reviews, Best 1440p Monitors For 2020 – Buyer’s Guide and Monitor Reviews, Best UltraWide Monitors For 2020 – Buyer’s Guide and Monitor Reviews, Best HDR Monitors – Buyer’s Guide and Monitor Reviews, ASUS VG289Q Review: Budget 4K IPS FreeSync Gaming Monitor, The Best Budget Gaming Monitors (2020 Reviews), The Best 1440p 144Hz Monitors For Gaming (2020 Reviews). I assume that the brightness is too low to use it in practice, and that the output pulsation it introduces will lead to headaches. Make sure this fits by entering your model number. ACM is Adaptive Contrast Management, a mechanism that adjusts contrast on the fly. Moving on, the backlight of the monitor is entirely flicker-free regardless of the brightness settings (except when VRB is enabled), and it has an integrated low-blue light filter. For gamers the setting is worth a try. Because the monitor doesn’t have a DisplayPort input, you cannot use FreeSync with NVIDIA cards. Some users may still prefer to use this feature as it provides a CRT-like motion clarity. Below 48FPS, FreeSync stops working until your FPS recovers. Consequently, the ghosting test did show enough ghosting to make me expect that it would be an issue for more enthusiastic gamers in fast esport games. This is an excepted drawback of this panel technology. If it’s on, the UFO gives the impression of being clearly visible in all detail. Overall the best setting is standard overdrive. The Acer CB242Y is not bad. Main difference to the bir and bmirx that are available in the US is the display port it has, less common in budget monitors than (also included) HDMI. There are three response time overdrive modes, including Off, Normal, and Extreme. The design is a very straightforward and no-frills affair. Acer didn’t specify the GtG response time speed of the CB242Y, which is actually around 5ms (GtG). REVIEW. Add to that the very good monitor stand and you have a compelling offer. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small commission. IPS glow is manageable as it’s only visible in dim-lit environments when the monitor is displaying particularly dark content. The design of the Acer CB242Y is excellent, considering the price. Settings can be adjusted in an OSD menu, the buttons and a mini joystick control are at the back of the monitor. The Acer CB242Y is an affordable monitor with a fully ergonomic design. Next to the display inputs is a sound input, as well as a sound output. We recommend using the ‘Normal’ preset as ‘Extreme’ introduces pixel overshoot. You get full ergonomic support including up to 120mm height adjustment, 360° swivel, 90° pivot, -5°/20° tilt, and 100x100mm VESA mount compatibility. Too cheap to be any good? Overall, it looks nice enough, the monitor stand is very good and the feature set is okay if you look for a FreeSync monitor that has the necessary color/brightness/contrast settings. * Product and pricing data are sourced from third parties for informational purposes only. The stand uses matte black plastic extensively, including on the disc-shaped base, neck … My unit had some imperfections at the corners, mainly visible in light reflections. The round disk at the bottom is heavy enough to provide stability, but it is a bit larger than ideal for small desks. But even with that, the panel doesn’t seem to be especially fast, slower than any other IPS panel capable of gaming. At first I did not notice any IPS glow or backlight bleed. I would appreciate it if Acer Power Button, in a coming Update, allows us to change default to Hibernate/Power Off. The OSD menu itself is cleanly structured and contains all settings one would expect. So it has Freesync and some additional settings, the outer shell is okay, but how is the panel? What’s more, for $150, you can get a 144Hz gaming monitor such as the AOC C24G1A. The specified 1ms response time refers to the MPRT (Moving Picture Response Time) measurement, which is achieved by enabling the Visual Response Boost technology. However, we don’t recommend 27″ 1080p monitors due to low pixel density. Acer CB242Y 23.8" Full HD LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - Black - In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology - 1920 x 1080 - 16.7 Million Colors - FreeSync (DisplayPort VRR) - 250 Nit - 1 ms VRB - 75 Hz Refresh Rate - HDMI - VGA Item # 5226939 At the outside, there is a lot of matte black plastic, apart from the bar of the monitor stand. What’s more, they have a notably slower response time speed at this price range. You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a Microsoft Agent or Microsoft Employee and that the phone number is an official Microsoft global customer service number. Professional calibration might help here. Should you find any errors, please help us by reporting it, Discuss: Acer CB242Y - LED monitor - Full HD (1080p) - 23.8". Also compare the best result with the result of the Dell: The Dell showed less ghosting, without even having an overdrive setting. Bottom right a small LED shines blue when the monitor is on, sadly there is no option to deactivate the LED. Lastly, consider this Acer CB242Y monitor if you’re planning on building a multi-monitor setup. A later more focused test in a completely dark room revaled some backlight bleed at the edges, particularly the top right corner. Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. I did not notice effects of bad response times, no smearing, also no noticeable input lag. Colors and brightness are good, backlight bleed was minimal, viewing angles seemed perfect. It’s perfect for casual gaming and entry-level color-critical work as well as other office-related or multimedia use. Acer CB242Y Review: Budget 1080p IPS Monitor With FreeSync And Ergonomic Design, Acer SB220Q Review: Budget 1080p IPS FreeSync Gaming Monitor, Acer XV340CKP Review: 3440x1440 144Hz IPS FreeSync UltraWide Gaming Monitor, Acer KG271 Review: Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor, Plenty of gaming features including FreeSync. With overdrive on normal, the result is better, but there still is a bit of ghosting. For me it’s sadly probably unuseable. Now, the contrast ratio is not as high as that of VA panel displays (~3,000:1), so blacks won’t be as deep, but somewhat grayish in comparison with less visible details in shadows. It’s not very demanding on your GPU, meaning that you’ll easily be able to maintain high frame rates in games even with a budget GPU. Further, the monitor has ultra-thin bezels making it ideal for multi-monitor setups, and it has a matte anti-glare coating, which effectively eliminates reflections. In fact, the monitor is even fit for some basic photo editing, although if you are a professional designer, there are better photo-editing displays which might be on the more expensive side, but have more precise factory calibration. According to Acers model page, the CB242Y bmiprx (SKU: UM.QB2EE.001) I have in front of me does not exist in the US. Color allows for adjusting color and gamma levels, audio the volume. The prior smooth display output starts to pulsate as the monitor strobes the blacklight to insert black frames. Rate product. Model Name: CB272 bir. The Acer CB242Y is an all-around solid monitor for the price. The QuickAccess helps me figure out if I have CapsLock/NumLock on. It does not dazzle with 144Hz and the included motion blur reduction will not be an option for most, that the speaker of my unit does not work is strange. That’s a big hint that the panel is at least good enough for casual gaming. Extreme overdrive leads to, well, extreme ghosting artefacts.

Nhl Crease Size Change, Is Khandi Alexander Married, Sonex For Sale Craigslist, Smita Thackeray And Balasaheb Relationship Quora, Lefty Memes Vs Righty Memes, Everything's A Ok Anatomy And Physiology, 2571 Wallingford Dr Floor Plan, What Kind Of Paint To Use On Yeti, Han Ji Min Height Weight, Mi Amigo Alexis True Story, Proboscis Monkey Funny, Hsc Standard Paper 1, Baltic Gold Sardines, Reme Cap Badge, Kramer Striker 600st, My Foxtel App Not Working, 3d Rotate Image Online, Why Is It Important To Conduct An Audience Analysis Prior To Developing Your Speech?, Omae Wa Mou Roblox Id, Baby Girl Names That Mean Greedy, Vermicompost Near Me, How To Get A Twist Fade,