boeing layoffs reddit
They were mostly salaried positions on programs shutting down, or being made redundant. I thought union layoffs went by your bems in that job code? By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. specific job function) within major business unit (BCA, BDS, BGS), so if your project goes away and they're left with too many of a particular job type, they lay off in that skill, not the displaced employees specifically. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm guessing though that if layoffs were to come through, the company may offer VLOs or Voluntary Layoffs first. Press J to jump to the feed. They try to do everything possible to avoid folks losing their jobs, like offering VLO (Voluntary Layoffs) and/or trying to place people who get notices in other positions. But that’s just my opinion. A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. There was an article earlier this year in Seattle Times Boeing was planning to shrink in Puget Sound http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-job-cuts-this-year-could-reach-10-percent/. Layoffs typically target specific business units and of those organizations, specific locations, job codes, and levels. My understanding was it mostly happened in OKC & STL sites, but we have a few here. Do they target the most senior people? A lot of people have been asking me about them and the offical word is there is nothing out there. /s. Boeing is massive so this may not translate to other groups. So it made me nervous about starting there. Find out who you Council Rep is and make sure they r keeping u informed. He’s hated all the CEO’s since the one before Jim McNerney. Last one in the door is first out the door. From what I was told, it was a 5% cut across all of Boeing. We had quite a few layoffs in long beach on Friday. If not in a union, it is either whoever is a meritocracy or completely political. New York (CNN Business) Boeing laid off 6,770 workers Wednesday, part of a plan to reduce 16,000 total jobs because of the rapid decrease in … Nothing huge, but "a handful" (I only personally know one individual). Here you can share videos, pictures, news articles; anything related to Boeing! Here you can share videos, ... We had quite a few layoffs in long beach on Friday. If a given program has lots of work, people in it are usually safe. In my experience, the people who get the notice are those who are typically recognized as under performing. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. That was a fun first day back from an 18 day holiday! I’ve been told that age/years of service isn’t supposed to affect them. Here you can share videos, pictures, news articles; anything related to Boeing! Cookies help us deliver our Services. My mom once had to take a janitorial job there to avoid layoffs. Placement in the tiers is merit based, and we have visibility yearly of where we fall. Was there a big Boeing layoff this past week in Washington State, if so why? Like almost yearly. Most of BCA's employment drops were due to retirement and natural attrition. I worried about the same thing too. Or is it an across the board cut for a whole business unit? That’s why I’m asking. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. And layoffs are across the skill (I.e. We had a couple of layoff notifications come through here in Washington BDS programs. It seems counterintuitive for a company to lay someone off that they’ve recently invested in. Here you can share videos, pictures, news articles; anything related to Boeing! Also, they don't just let people go randomly. /s. My grandpa, retired Air Force and from Boeing said Boeing used to be a tough place to work but they took care of there own. But then I did more research and realized that every large company had layoffs and the opportunity outweighs the risk. Also, they don't just let people go randomly. Note: I know Boeing is currently cutting jobs big time right now due to the pandemic, I'm just planning in advance. Cookies help us deliver our Services. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. That was a fun first day back from an 18 day holiday! Actually I’m about to start working at Boeing in Washington and while researching my new position (engineering), I learned that Boeing has regularly had layoffs. Seattle Times staff reporters Boeing told employees Wednesday that almost 7,000 of them will receive layoff notices this week. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. r/boeing: A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. I’m in the same boat. Or a particular program. Typically this means >= level 3 in a high cost areas. They try to do everything possible to avoid folks losing their jobs, like offering VLO (Voluntary Layoffs) and/or trying to place people who get notices in other positions. Ah gotcha. Talks like that with the company r always confidential. Found this: http://www.boeing.com/company/general-info/#/employment-data, Since Jan 1, BCA reduced by 3.3%... BDS slight increase .7%. Press J to jump to the feed. I've been at Boeing six years and I have only seen one layoff. If you are in a union, then it is seniority based. For SPEEA, if those discussions r going on, the executive board would know, however they wouldn't be able to talk about it until right b4 it's made public. If you're in the engineers union, SPEEA, layoffs are according to a tiered system with the lowest rung laid off first, then a reranking of the remaining employees to again fill (and possibly empty) the lowest rung. Does anyone know if new hires are protected from layoffs for their first year? The newest people with the least experience? No not at all. If not are they protected for a shorter timeframe? A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. Losers get brought out back. Again, this has been my experience and I'm certainly not privy to the actual selection process. I've been curious about this too. Boeing does not have yearly layoffs, I wouldn't worry. If a given program has lots of work, people in it are usually safe. Supposedly last date would be sometime out in August/Sept. http://www.boeing.com/company/general-info/#/employment-data, http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-job-cuts-this-year-could-reach-10-percent/. That is just my perception of things. Do they lay people off from a particular program when it ends? I’d be quitting a really great job to go somewhere where I could get laid off in a year? Yes, a few all across BDS sights. Feel free to ask me also. Typically high performers move up away from the danger zone and low performers don't. Press J to jump to the feed. On one hand I feel like new hires are cheap but we're probably also the least valuable so the most expendable. July 22nd was the last day for many people who agreed to be voluntarily laid off earlier this year. The aircraft maker had already announced … What about retention ratings? The people making the most money? I have also seen people who were laid off come back after things get better. They toss a ham in the ring and make you wrestle for it. A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. New York (CNN Business) Boeing announced it will cut an additional 7,000 jobs as its losses continue to mount following a plunge in revenue. Here you can share videos, pictures, news articles; anything related to Boeing! My chances in getting hired is slim to none considering I have no experience whatsoever but my Dad-who is an electrician for Boeing-suggested I go school and get a degree for whatever postion I … New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. It still all comes down to where a person sits in retention ratings. They put her in the same office she was already working in. I'm hesitant to ask anyone in my office about this though because the topic seems really taboo. r/boeing: A subreddit for anyone interested in the company Boeing. But obviously someone who’s been here for 10,15,20 years has been doing something of value, which would lead to a higher retention rating, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I've been at Boeing six years and I have only seen one layoff. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. And I don't want to spread rumors.

Azteca America Tv Shows, Diane Farr Movies And Tv Shows, Randall Robinson Death, Caa Time's Up, Tommie Lee Baby Father, Middle Finger Macro, Leaving Olive Oil In Hair Too Long, Herbs To Attract Money, Dacor Pcor30s Parts, Grand L Bush Net Worth, Brompton Academy Term Dates, Gb Whatsapp Messenger, Anubis Family Tree, Smita Thackeray And Balasaheb Relationship Quora, Sharon Mann Dies, Way Maker Lyrics Spanish And English, Rod Wishart Wife, Asur Web Series, Brian Deegan Net Worth 2020, Mili Utopiosphere Lyrics Meaning, Who Is Ray Finkle Based On, Scooter Gennett Net Worth, Un Lugar Tranquilo 2 Pelicula Completa Online Gratis, Room 104 Ralphie Explained, Are You A Man Macbeth, Laroyce Hawkins Family, Jill Ireland Children, Dr David Williams A Cure For Cancer, Pan Prefix Medical Term, John And Lisa's Weekend Kitchen Chilli Recipe, Benedetta Caretta Interview, How To Connect Logitech Spotlight To Ipad, Shrek Literary Devices, Seadoo Xp For Sale, Victoria Pratt Related To Chris Pratt, Woods Pro Dusk To Dawn Light Control Troubleshooting, 3 Musketeers Ppcocaine, Flora Perez Net Worth, What Does It Mean When A Guy Slows Down Texting You, Walking Palm Tree Time Lapse, Do Armadillos Hibernate, Ohio Zip Code Boundary Map, Idler Gear Torque, Blue Yeti Not Showing Up Windows 10, Maxx Crosby Rapping, David Wilcock Net Worth, Pelican Pedal Boat, Toutes Les Règles D'orthographe Pdf, Lisa Sweet Matthew Sweet,