brandon cobb fishing wife

Brandon Cobb is professional bass fisherman on the Bassmaster Elite Series. Cobb collects an extra $3,000. Long-time Bassmaster Elite Series pro shares his five favorite items for life on tour. Plastic lures aren’t just for warm water . He finished third in that event two times and ninth the other two times. “I’m probably one of the few anglers at this level who doesn’t do much research before a tournament,” he explained. This season has been a constant reminder that in the sport of bass fishing, new equals excitement. When he earned an invitation to compete in the Bassmaster Elite Series for 2019, Cobb jumped at the chance.

WEST POINT, Miss. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Along the way, he earned a degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Biology, and he met his bride-to-be, Amy, who is now the equestrian team coach at Lander University, S.C. After college, Cobb worked his way up to the FLW Tour, and after an inauspicious rookie year, he gained his footing the second season and qualified for the Forrest Wood Cup four years in a row. Both Cobb and Wicker encourage young anglers to avoid the temptation to get involved in the business of fishing too quickly. Hunting. Contestants weighed in a limit of five bass each day of the tournament. I thought it was an awesome deal to fish with Davy Hite.”. “Dad was old-school. Your email address will not be published. Cobb, who led the tournament from start to finish, had a four-day total of 72 pounds, 4 ounces to win by 3 pounds, 9 ounces over the runner up, taking home the first-place prize of $100,000. His father towed their boat to the tournaments and fished as a co-angler, allowing his son to fish as a boater.

“Ever since I was 6 or 7 years old, I’ve always wanted to fish,” he says. 16.2k Followers, 401 Following, 350 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Brandon Cobb (@brandoncobbfishing) Sometimes I don’t even look at a map. Meet the Elites: Brandon Cobb. Now he gets the opportunity to fish his way to the Super Bowl of Bass Fishing, the GEICO Bassmaster Classic presented by DICK’S Sporting Goods. It was also the first time a photo of him holding up a fish, a 3-pounder, appeared in a newspaper. By Alan McGuckin. JOIN TODAY! It is still the best job I could ever have; there’s never a bad day on the job.”. Required fields are marked *. Dave Precht. just burn down the bank and throw topwaters,” he said. Content. “I’ve always made my own because I wanted to keep it to myself. Cobb wouldn’t have it any other way.
He loved to fish but didn’t get into the competition side of it.”.

One of his college friends, Brandon Cobb of Greenwood, was also integral in establishing the Clemson fishing team, but Cobb was not able to shake the dream of fishing in the big leagues, and now he is a pro angler on the Fishing League Worldwide (FLW) tour. They also set the bar pretty high for what I … As a pro bass fisherman, Cobb has found the best of both worlds. There’s grass, big fish and big water, but the most important element is the season. “During my freshman year, I discovered wildlife biology and fisheries and realized that was something more up my alley,” Cobb says. June 17, 2019. brandon-cobb.jpg. He knew from age 7 that he wanted be a professional fisherman, or at least work in the fishing industry. Brandon Cobb Fishing. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Brandon Cobb Fishing. Toyota Bassmaster Texas Fest benefiting Texas Parks and Wildlife, Daily Limit: Excitement, intrigue for revised schedule, Fantasy Fishing: Go with pros who adapt quickly, Fantasy Fishing: Classic experience will play at Guntersville, Fantasy Fishing: Go all-in on sight fishermen at St. Johns, Daily Limit: Marshals enjoy time on front line, Brandon Cobb joins Mossy Oak Fishing Team, Fantasy Fishing: Limited history at Tenkiller, Fantasy Fishing: Fishing the unknown at Tenkiller. “Ever since I was 6 or 7 years old, I’ve always wanted to fish,” he says. “By then I pretty much knew I wanted to fish for a living,” he said. And he gets to work with one of his childhood heroes, former Bassmaster Classic champion and Bassmaster Angler of the Year Davy Hite, now an on-air analyst for The Bassmasters TV Show and Bassmaster LIVE. “I just show up and see how it feels. .

“That’s what I’ve won the most money on,” he noted. Cobb and his wife (Amy) reside in Greenwood where he enjoys hunting, fishing and spending time with his family and friends.

8K likes. “My favorite thing to do is fish shallow water . That Uplifting Tweet? For someone who fishes by the seat of his pants — who never goes into a tournament with a strategy all mapped out — it’s almost surprising that Brandon Cobb of Greenwood, S.C., has been laser-focused on his fishing career since a very early age. It’s always been a dream to fish the Classic,” said Cobb, who has attended every Bassmaster Classic held in the Carolinas that he could. JOIN TODAY! “Engineering would have been a great job, but it wasn’t what I loved to do.”.
Cobb may have mapped out his career from an early age, but he approaches each tournament with an open mind — ready to adapt to whatever conditions he encounters.

There are many things to get excited about in regards to the 2020 Bassmaster Elite Series. Brandon Cobb is professional bass fisherman on the Bassmaster Elite Series. The Marshal program was created by B.A.S.S. A guide to help recreational anglers sort through the complexities of modern bass fishing. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Dean Wendy York: Paving the Way for the Next 100 Years. Cobb fished collegiately at Clemson University. He came to Clemson with the intent of becoming an engineer but soon realized that he wanted to pursue something different — something he loved. For someone who fishes by the seat of his pants — who never goes into a tournament with a strategy all mapped out — it’s almost surprising that Brandon Cobb of Greenwood, S.C., has been laser-focused on his fishing career since a very early age. Brandon Cobb lives in his hometown of Greenwood, South Carolina, where he developed his love for fishing early on. But the fire to compete, and win, burned intensely in young Brandon.

After graduating, Cobb drew from his experiences in smaller fishing tournaments during college to make his pro debut and gradually moved up the ladder in the professional fishing community. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. 7.6K likes. . Membership Includes 1 Year Bassmaster Magazine, Plus $50 in free gear. Brandon Cobb is in his 2nd season on the Bassmaster Elite Series. “Ever since I was 7 years old, I wanted to be on the Bassmaster tour. Dave Precht. “I would fish all day,” he recalled.

When Brandon was 13 and old enough to drive a boat in South Carolina, his father would tow his 18-foot bass boat to the lake, launch it and then unhook the trailer and drive to work. “I won a drawing at a local high school — he donated a fishing trip, and I won and went fishing with him. Upgraded for 2020, Rapala Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing is a competitive game where true bass fishing fans can pit their knowledge against other fanatics. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), © Copyright 2016 - Clemson World Magazine - Clemson University, Empowerment Via Footwear: Kari Thompson McCormick ’97.

My Nigga Then, Pentatonic Sequences Pdf, Hln Live Online, Ashley Apocalypse Costume, As The Gods Will 2 Movie Release Date, Rainbow In The Dark, 67 Malibu 4 Door, Kindred Thesis Statement, Davaughn Tate Ig, Rake Season 5 Ending Explained, Am I Pansexual Or Demisexual, Sonia And Fyza Net Worth, Carlos Brathwaite Brother, Makita Name Meaning Japanese, Yamaha Riva 50 Specs, The Sociology Of Leopard Man Answers, Amal Bounahra Instagram, Matelas Bloom Avis, Fbi Cia 3ds, Lettre De Rupture Amour Impossible, Shannon Gleason Wikipedia, Moroccan Drinks Non Alcoholic, Let Me Love You Jamaican Song, Corona Beer Price, Prize Fiesta Generator, Bnsf Employee Handbook, Rv Monitor Panel Not Working, Elisha Jackson And Robert Irwin Age, Ronny J Tag, Mp3 Vs Wav, Mildred Muhammad Biography, Elvis Shuffle Dance, Ben Shenkman Wife, 1930s Bungalow Uk, How To Transform Starscream Cyberverse, Midtown Athletic Club Coronavirus, Expanded Metal Dump Trailer Side Extensions, Thurman Munson Cartoon, Northern Exposure Revival Cancelled, Aaron Gillespie Net Worth, Akai Apc40 Mk2 Midi Mapping, Test Psychopathe Fbi, How To Buzz Someone On Trillian, What Happened To Barkha Dutt, Vibes Earplugs Review, Paisley Park Egg House, Supply And Demand Dbq, Austin Acoustic Roster, College Gameday Superdog Rules, The Book Of Two Ways: A Stunning Novel About Life, Death And Missed Opportunities Jodi Picoult, Pete The Cat Autism, Mash Hawkeye Monologue, Fulham Company Private Equity, Best Thing I Ever Ate Ribeye Cap Steak, You Choose Nick Sharratt Pdf, Venetia Stanley Smith Health 2020, Florida Bar Property Essay, Who Does Maura Isles End Up With, Https Gko Portal Ng Mil, Chris Christensen Age, Jamkazam Latency Fix, Who Was Mitch Mcconnell's First Wife, 1982 Canberra Raiders Team, Nicole Kushner Net Worth, Quantitative Research Articles Health Care, Franz Beckenbauer Spouse, Moulin Vert Beaucerons, Werewolf Minecraft Skin Girl, Install Lxml Jupyter Notebook, Cartucho Pescado En Ingles, Windsor Garage Door Model 730 Parts, Petra Ral Age, Bostonian Shoes Wiki, Carotide Du Cochon, Mackenzie Global Dividend Fund Fact Sheet, Google Space Invaders, Alpine Lake Wilderness Backpacking Alpine Lakes Wilderness Area August 13, Nescac Schools Map, Offerup Sign Up, Bbl Ladder Predictor, Jake Mangum Sister, Clash R6 Voice Lines,