camshaft tightening sequence
These diagrams include: Fig. oh...did you have all the rockers loosened and backed all the way off when you installed the cam and tried to tighten the bolts? Camshaft bearing cap removal sequence … Install the camshaft oil seals. By the time you cam back and posted the correct way, I had it done (it's amazing how efficient/fast you can be with a computer right next me while I'm working on the cars...lovely wireless internet!). google_ad_client = "ca-pub-7008016942714119"; google_ad_client = "ca-pub-7008016942714119"; Then final torque the bolts from the center bolts outward to 6.7 to 8.7 ft-lb. Should be cake except I do not know the correct sequence for final torquedown on the four camshaft caps and one chain guard cap (right behind the timing sprockets). VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I know the torque spec is 7 ft-lbs but I can't find the sequence! Access our free Camshaft, Bearings & Lifters Repair Guide for Mazda Tribute 2001-06 through AutoZone Rewards. Heat exchanger to oil filter housing. Doing it the recommended way broke one of the camshafts (I tried it this way first and it broke so I asked). Camshaft cover to cylinder head bolts 10 Camshaft bearing caps to head bolts 10 Lubricate threads with engine oil. I know the torque spec is 7 ft-lbs but I can't find the sequence! The ZX-14 SM says to draw up all bolts and then "torque according to the specified tightening sequence." Then tighten all bolts to 33ft/lbs. Rear toothed belt cover to camshaft housing. /* FH */ Someone help me out! google_ad_slot = "5091720918"; that might have caused the cam to break... That was it I'm sure. Tell them your's is defective, it's stuck in the on position. Compressor. Lubricate the camshaft and camshaft bearing caps with engine oil. Pre-catalytic converter to turbocharger. Then tighten all bolts to 37ft/lbs. 2 Step 8 MARK M A R K EXH. Upper toothed belt cover to cylinder head. 25. (d) Hold the hexagonal portion of the camshaft with a wrench, and tighten the 2 bolts. 45. google_ad_width = 728; 6 6. Funny thing is I didn't have to do that before... A forum community dedicated to Honda Prelude owners and enthusiasts. See Section 3 for tightening sequence Camshaft oil feed pipe to bearing cap bolts 8 Cam chain tensioner body to crankcase bolts 9 Cam chain tensioner centre … €†Ì5¥Œª£¡™¡î. Camshaft bearing cap tightening sequence-2.0L engine; Fig. google_ad_height = 90; JavaScript is disabled. 4. install the camshaft timing gears with the chain onto the LH camshafts. SOHC Tighten all bolts in sequence to 22ft/lbs. Engine Mounts Front Mount to Block 52 Rear Mounts 35 24. Stage 1: 89 in/lb B. DOHC Tighten all bolts in sequence to 22ft/lbs. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, engine builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, VTEC, and more! 39. Repeat sequence, tightening all bolts an additional 1/4 turn. 1st tightening: 24 + 2nd tightening: 48 1) Excess pressure valve in cylinder block. 12. I can't find the sequence anywhere of tightening the cam cap bolts. Installing a set of aftermarket camshafts can improve your engine's performance by opening your engines valves farther, keeping them open longer. //-->, Adjustable Cam Gear Installation Instructions, TDC Pin and Cam alignment tool (available cheap from. google_ad_height = 90; Evenly tighten 1/2 turn at a time on each bolt until all of the caps are snug (1.4 ft-lb and again to 4.3 ft-lb). NOTICE: Do not push the camshaft timing gear assembly against the camshaft forcibly when installing it. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Time Required:Give yourself at least 2 hours, and take your time,