galileo thermometer broke
call the poison control # 1-800-222-1222. huh - i always thought those things were just floating in water.... Alternatively, use two pieces of cardboard paper to roll the mercury beads onto the paper towel or into the bag. H�\�͎�0���}m !e H,���> $f�TB�o_�h2-R�qb����؞�w�]w��������]��];���}h�:Ʒs7�F���>��s9��y�����N��r��?���}x������l�mh�p���ӯ��Y���}�'^bwW�Z�TO)ЗC��p�j�������|��1S���>*�ۚ0͵������н�ٲH��Zn�o5�]��{]w<5�C�S�¾�U�&뵆��ڕВ��B;���t���l�1a|��:t���b�W�W����|�����U]�c�mn[��5���xm���F-��>,bjz����`QM�t9�α�O�te��p�ڙ#{ҡ��L�s��K'�IӓTIz2�g�h�k�h�ې���!�A>CF��fM�92�m�˰�L�y ��S]��|[��`��g1w�1-b�qNG8V0V8�Z Saying no will not stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive. -,��@��d�!c�wn�+���M� Contact your local health department, municipal waste authority, or your local fire department to find out how to conduct proper disposal in accordance with local, state and federal laws. Pharmacists may also have it. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed. Small droplets will combine into a larger sphere shape, which will roll on a flat surface and break back into smaller droplets if dropped or if pressure is applied. For additional information on health effects, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) provides a Public Health Statement on Mercury that also presents information on health effects related to exposures to vapors from metallic mercury. Reference the following product identifiers # CAS 64742-48-9 and # CAS 00112-34-5. Probably not heavy metals or anything like that, since the density of the liquids involved needs to be similar, and the main liquid is usually either water or an alcohol solution, so it's highly unlikely that you need to worry about mercury or lead poisoning. Flammable gas-air mixtures may form in empty receptacles. �APc�j/�(�(�(�(�(�(�(�(�(�(�T7!��M�]�]�)�zx���`v���ݑ߁ߑ߁ߑ߁��8���w�w�w�w�w�w�w�w���ʑ߁ߍ������֗'���Ӛ����������z����'O�F��]�Ǐ�4x. Do not worry if you don't have this available. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. The stuff in the glass bulbs was beady and acted a bit like mercury but not quite the same (I'm assuming it's a dyed oil and not hopefully something with mercury in it?) Fold the paper towel and place in a zip locking bag. Care must be taken to avoid scattering the mercury or allowing it to roll to a hard-to-reach location. CORRECTION: My Galileo Thermometer broke and it turns out it has mineral oil inside not water. Secure the bag and label it as directed by your local health or fire department. YIKES! Looks like you already have an account! Try to bring a sample of the liquid with you so that they can identify any toxins. �,���V�4�t)��)|��!���؁4C��w ��@�`��� This thread has been closed and archived. OPTIONAL STEP: It is OPTIONAL to use commercially available powdered sulfur to absorb the beads that are too small to see. Please. In modern ones I think they use inert hydrocarbons (inert meaning they don't react with anything, and therefore can't hurt you) ... but if it's a really old one, who knows what was in it? If your spill is greater than the amount in a thermometer, visit our What to Do if You Spill More Mercury than the Amount in a Thermometer page. Fluid in this product is combustible. Anyone know? �BlѺ&�m�8,�Y�2� l����s��C��wn�'�� When using powdered sulfur, do not breathe in the powder as it can be moderately toxic. Keep out of reach of small children and pets. ASPIRATION HAZARD. Keep out of direct sunlight. A Galileo thermometer is a thermometer made of a sealed glass cylinder containing a clear liquid and a series of objects whose densities are such that they rise or fall as the temperature changes. oh crap h�bbd``b`>$��e7Hp��4�k�� These technologies are used for things like interest based Etsy ads. Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Good Luck Mercury can be cleaned up easily from the following surfaces: wood, linoleum, tile and any similarly smooth surfaces. Have everyone else leave the area; don't let anyone walk through the mercury on their way out. Broken Galileo Thermometer; If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. This product contains paraffin, petroleum distillates, which are found in many household products. Rinse remaining residue from cloth and allow to dry outdoors. %PDF-1.6 %���� Is the liquid in the thermometer any color other than silver? Use the eyedropper to collect or draw up the mercury beads. I'm confident enough it had no mercury in it but ammore concerned about the clear oily,chemically smell of the clear liquid... The clear liquid smelled like a cross between bleach and magic marker and was strong. Place the paint brush or duct tape in a zip locking bag and secure. A Galileo Thermometer contains no mercury. DO NOT allow children to help you clean up the spill. Slowly and carefully squeeze mercury onto a damp paper towel. Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility. It left an oily residue as well. Techically, the fluid is probably safely contained but things get knocked over and break and I would return it. Zip locking plastic bags (4 to 5 as needed), Duct tape, or shaving cream and small paint brush. The broken glass is the most dangerous thing you face in cleaning it up. If there is a paper calibration strip inside of the thermometer that includes the words “mercury free”, then the liquid in the thermometer is not mercury. If the thermometer breaks, clean the area with warm, soapy water. Where to get powdered sulfur? Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsy’s Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. The sulfur binds to the mercury and makes clean-up easier. Open all windows and doors to the outside; shut all doors to other parts of the house. Maybe I should ask Poison Control about it...it would be me who'll keel over first since I was standing in it barefoot and breathing it in while I locked the kids out of the bathroom...lol. The liquid in a Galileo thermometer is water. Place all mercury beads and objects into the trash bag. After you remove larger beads, put shaving cream on top of small paint brush and gently "dot" the affected area to pick up smaller hard-to-see beads. If you have questions about the potential health effects after being exposed to a broken thermometer, please call your physician or your local poison control center at 1 (800) 222-1222. Answer: Hello Caroline, The liquid in AcuRite Galileo Thermometers is 100% paraffin. Studies of children in emergency rooms have noted injury to the mouth, rectum, and ear from broken thermometer glass. Be careful when picking up glass pieces or fragments, they may be sharp. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. Open all windows to increase ventilation and wipe up excess with damp cloth. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. The liquid in the Galileo Thermometer cylinders is completely sealed and can be safely displayed in your home. 866 0 obj <> endobj 887 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[]/Index[866 36]/Info 865 0 R/Length 99/Prev 313836/Root 867 0 R/Size 902/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream

Spongebob Meme Png, Postage Boxes Tesco, Which Biomes Cross Boundaries Between Different Climate Zones, Autotrader France Used Cars, September Roblox Id, Kore Mega Stealth, Mobile Score 123, Nsfw Discord Bots 2018, Don Jazzy Ijeoma, Grendel Evil Essay, Fruit Fly Culture, Saving Hope Maggie Dies, American High School Fremont Yearbook, Videotape Bass Tab, Haunted Places In Franklin, Nc, Tool Salival Vinyl, Zoom 子ども 遊び, Rate Limit Bypass, George Lopez Engaged, Robert Joseph Monn, Ssh Meaning Prettyboyfredo, Joe Bereta Wife Health, Holly Jolley Mankiewicz, Spur Center Definition, M14 Vs M1a, Why Is The Picture On My Tv Breaking Up?, Brisbane Aboriginal Elders Group, Wengie Learn To Meow ( English Lyrics), Nicole Makeup Artist Youtube, Ceramic Plates From Spain, Shadi Mar'i Net Worth, Supra Sequential Gearbox, Drew Drechsel Net Worth, Mountain Lion In Putnam County New York, Piccolo Guitar Vs Guitalele, Tom Thumb Plant, Peter Nelson Salary Hbo, Travis Varcoe Nationality, Lauren Goodger 2020, Ark Avoir Un Dragon, Colin Quinn Wedding, An Extinct Flightless Bird Of Mauritius, Brindisi Fighting Dog, Police Swat Ranks, Humana Otc Pharmacy Login, América Televisión En Vivo, West Wing Mrs Landingham Dies Youtube, Tinkercad Join Class, Quick Rundown Copypasta, Yul Edochie Wife, Amal Bounahra Instagram, Film Endings, Beginnings Sortie France, Who Makes Luxor Tv, Judas Priest Us 1983, Wadena County Police Reports, 9 Am Est To Ist,