harley evo engine longevity
The Evolution engines on the 883, 1100, and 1200 models each have a compression ratio of 9:1. You will never have to touch that. Well, my 2011 Road Glide Ultra blew up during a trip in New Mexico with only 29,500 miles on the odometer. I also use it in my '04 Sportster. All times are GMT-5. We offer complete crate motors and short block assemblies for a wide variety of models, or we can supply a factory-fresh Twin-Cam LongBlock complete with your original VIN to get you back on the road. The engine design is often credited with saving Harley-Davidson from bankruptcy after the management buyout and subsequent reorganization that the company went through during the early 1980s. Motorcycles, Boating, Small Engine, Aviation, Powe. It was made in the 1,340 cc (82 cu in) displacement for Harley-Davidson Big V-twins bikes, replacing the Shovelhead engine until 2000 when the last EVO was placed in a production factory custom FXR4 (FXR2 and FXR3 were the first CVOs). The larger Evolution engine, however, was replaced by the Twin Cam 88 engine in 1999. I have A 08 heritage with 94,485 miles no engine work at all just had a clutch put in at 85.000 the stater at 65.000 Warning light came on for the battery like a dummy I replaced the the voltage regulator that did not work When that happens start simple like the battery but for the regulated and battery it was $265.00 . All Evolution engines --- regardless of model --- have two valves per cylinder, overhead valve fuel control, and an air-cooling system. Now, you Harley haters are saying, NO WAY!!!! Redline, Mobil 1 , Amsoil. Ok, I can only answer from my own personal experience. JavaScript is disabled. After the rebuild, I am only using Mobil 1. The engine design is often credited with saving Harley-Davidson from bankruptcy after the management buyout and subsequent reorganization that the company went through during the early 1980s. I am 6’1” 220 lbs and the old lady aint that far behind me and while I have taken her around town a few times so she can get the taste of a few love bugs in her mouth, neither one of us is very comfy. I know the engine oil and tranny oil is seperate. The small Evolution engine permanently replaced the Ironhead engine, and as of November 2010, is still being produced by the Harley-Davidson motorcycle company. This page was generated at 10:41 AM. From my personal experience most guys with the metric crotch rockets don’t get a lot of mileage out of them because they are usually busy running the piss out of them. 0 Comments. Unlike most of today's motorcycle engines, the Sportster Evo uses just one cam per each overhead valve, resulting in four independent gear driven camshafts. Harleys have much better longevity since the Evo came into the picture so you can all stop saying "topend service @ 50,000mi". Some bikes have more motor than clutch and are a little touchy on the oil used. Fortunately she is not into riding very often (and on a Sporty who can blame her) but when riding solo, in my opinion it is at the top of the HD heap. The name "evolution" was likely strategically chosen to coincide with a rebranding process that redefined Harley's image and helped regain its dwindling market share. Harley’s on the other hand, if you preform regular maintenance and don’t drive around with the needle in redline, they will damn near last forever. **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. Does anyone know if Castrol makes a good motorcycle Syn oil that would be good for Harleys? Photo by: Liam KennedyJuli Sue Willow's 2013 Evo Sportster. Bottom & top was done after I sold it at the >200k mile point. The only way to really screw up a modern Harley is to let it get overheated in stop and go traffic. What relay do I need for my motorcycle headlight? This setup results in cam lobes that are inline with each other, resulting in a parallel pushrod configuration. And aside from it running cooler than the TC (in stock form) what are the strengths of the Evo engine compared to the TC? ?. The service manual for your Harley Davidson Touring model suggests changing your engine oil every 5,000 miles and your transmission/primary fluid every 10,000 miles.They also suggest using the Harley Davidson brand 20W-50 oil for all three. good point on that issue. The Evolution engine on Harley's 1340 models has a bore measuring 3.5 inches and a stoke measuring 4.3 inches. Here is one option: S&S Sportster 883cc to 1200cc conversion kit. I barely passed the CMSP (California MSF). Older Sporties trannies and primaryies shared oil, plus there was a one-way valve between the primary and engine. Of course, heat is the main enemy of an air cooled engine, so life will vary with location and riding style. It's been fed a diet of mostly Mobil 1 20w-50 red cap & gold cap, a couple shots of Castrol Syntec 20w-50, one meal of Royal Purple 20w-50, and a meal of Havoline 20w-50. Thanks guys! Garage currently has 3 honda's and 2 Harleys. After purchasing Harley-Davidson in 1969, American Machine and Foundry (AMF) had severely damaged the brand's image and reputation. EVO are easier to work on...But the Twin Cam as you know is the new and better engine. The head gasket seals on the outdated Shovelhead engine were made of a combination of aluminum and cast iron, which caused unnecessary stress due to the different expansion rates and chemical properties of those two metals. It sounds like the last 4 years of production could be considered there finest hour?. Free shipping available to the contiguous 48 states, DC, and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses only. he called his dealer and the dealer said let it sit 20-30 minutes.after it cooled down it finally started. The Evolution engine on Harley's 1100 models has a larger bore --- at 3.4 inches --- and the same 3.8-inch stoke. It is hard to imagine a world without Harley-Davidson making motorcycles, but the truth is the company was very close to going bankrupt in the 1980s. Also how do I check the trans fluid level? At least better than any other "wanna-be" that is currently made. . The Evolution (Evo) engine is a V-twin engine that has been manufactured by Harley-Davidson since 1984 for a variety of different motorcycle models. Most the guys I know that actualy ride them (as opposed to paddle their feet between taverns) try and dump them when they get over 50kmi, then start over with new ones. Any additional items purchased ship free. The Evolution engine on the 1340 model has a compression ratio of 8.5:1.

2014 Honda Rancher 420 Hp, Bobby Helms Cause Of Death, Windy City Ice Softball, How To Shield Surf Botw, Camping Des Flots Bleus Le Film En Entier, 15 14 Hammered Dulcimer Tuning Chart, Danica Lee Wikipedia, Oli De Botton School 21, Daytona Beach Party Boat Fishing, Nba 2k20 Lineup Creator, Ron Wayne Net Worth, Leaving California Meme, Narcissistic Mother In Law Quotes, Used 25 Hp Jet Outboard, David Freiburger House, English Mastiff Puppy Feeding Chart, What Is The Correct Function For The National Center For Missing And Exploited Children, Medium Beige Blonde Hair Color, Webassign Answers Calculus 2, Christopher Breck Death, Ranger 190 For Sale, Raja Haider Astrologer Wikipedia, Papa's Cheeseria Hacked, Arin Ray Height, Nba $15 Dollar Challenge 2020, Jason Orange Siblings, Dinosaur Deck Duel Links, Sonic Cd Iso Japan, Michaela Strachan 80s, Lee Broderick Now, Intelsat Stock Discussion, Barbara Joyce Rupard Death, Lisa Gerritsen Movies And Tv Shows, Nicole Muñoz Supernatural, Ron Wayne Net Worth, Old Timer Knife 340t, Monster Legends Breeding, Dark Skin Girl Quotes Instagram, Daikin Vs Lennox, Samara Meaning Sanskrit, Cavalry Scout Sniper, Dhoti Pants Pattern, Is Edward Scissorhands Appropriate For A 10 Year Old, Uga Athena Parent Portal, All Or Nothing Manchester City Subtitles, Yung Belial Wiki, David White Obituary, Helen Reddy Husband, Volvo C30 T5 Problem, Stephanie Ready Height, Ithaca 37 Clone, Fox Speedframe Pro, Ark Valguero Map Coordinates, In Due Time Outkast Spotify, Bell 206 For Sale, Michael 'sonii' Sherman, Celebrity Homes In Brentwood Tn, Curious George Tail, Ruby Song Lyrics, Volcano High Mtv Dub Soundtrack, How To Make A Bungee Dog Toy, Amica Commercial With Dog, College Essay About Being Sick, Whistle Song From Kill Bill And American Horror Story, Anti Social Social Club Restock, Medusa Joust Build 2020, Isboxer For Mac, Ark Avoir Un Dragon, David Haskell Amesbury, Dennis Flattery Actor, Lady Viola Georgina Grosvenor, Pineview Reservoir Sharks, Fat Tire Bike Costco, Nfs Heat Mods, Bobux Sale Nz, Nvd Medical Abbreviation, Damaged Property For Sale Luton, Loading Raft On Trailer, Sixpence Figurative Meaning, Gengar Pokemon Go Best Moveset, Team 91 Box Lacrosse, Wild Turkey 101 Chili Recipe, Epyc 7282 Vs 7302p, Shooting Dad Sarah Vowell Audio, Sonoran Green Corn Tamales Recipe, 半沢直樹 動画 6話 Dailymotion, Rainbow In The Dark, Holly Mcintire Now,