how to manually lower weights on a grandfather clock
_W.configDomain = "www.weebly.com";_W.relinquish && _W.relinquish() Trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. The Grandfather clock weights can get stuck in the high position if over wound. I pulled the pendulum, and it’s running fast, the second hand moves, but the weight height doesn’t change. The chime weight is on the right as you face the clock and has the heaviest weight. Hold the three weights in your hand if there are no letters stamped on the bottom. _W.Commerce = _W.Commerce || {}; Let us show you where it's at. .wsite-product .wsite-product-price a {} Sound like a broken ratchet wheel or click. With some cloth gloves on, or at least a cloth of some kind, pull down on the weight some. A pendulum regulates the time, and a system of weights supplies power to the inner gears. .wsite-elements.wsite-footer h2, .wsite-elements.wsite-footer .product-long .product-title, .wsite-elements.wsite-footer .product-large .product-title, .wsite-elements.wsite-footer .product-small .product-title{} Grandfather clocks are popular tall clocks. Any help would be appreciated. My Grandfather Clock has Stopped, Can I Fix It ? It may just be time to swap that movement out with the new one, if you provide info off of the back plate we can move in that direction if we cannot resolve the strike issue.… Read more », This seems to be counter to your instruction above to release the strike weight as follows: “With some cloth gloves on, or at least a cloth of some kind, pull down on the weight some. … We would need the movement numbers off of the movement itself please, Please order the 66020 from this link https://www.clockworks.com/product/uw66020-urgos-clock-movement, What if the I’ve doesnt free the weights what’s the next thing, Take the movement out and see what is going on with it is all that can be done, Pulling down on weight doesn’t move them… what else can i do ?so sad not listening to my beautiful clock… please help. Make it chime out the hours for the strike to start, when the strike is to start pull down some on the weight to get it to start and come down. } #wsite-content div.paragraph, #wsite-content p, #wsite-content .product-block .product-title, #wsite-content .product-description, #wsite-content .wsite-form-field label, #wsite-content .wsite-form-field label, .blog-sidebar div.paragraph, .blog-sidebar p, .blog-sidebar .wsite-form-field label, .blog-sidebar .wsite-form-field label {} Grandfather clocks with chimes generally have three weights. .wsite-button-large .wsite-button-inner {font-size:11px !important;} Older clock weights often are unlabeled. The leader will tick tock faster as you pull down some on the weight. .blog-header h2 a {} Grandfather clock Weights are not cheap mainly because they are so heavy to keep, ship, store, move from here to there. If the fix does not work, the clock is just not striking for some other reason. .wsite-image div, .wsite-caption {} initEvt.initEvent('customerAccountsModelsInitialized', true, false); Anyway the new one will be the same as the old one. Advance the minute hand and let it chime each quarter until it plays the top of the hour song. Need assistance finding a clock movement replacement? Copyright 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. All Rights Reserved. } } Then pull a little on the weight when it’s supposed to strike out the hours. .wsite-headline-paragraph,.wsite-header-section .paragraph {font-family:"Montserrat" !important;font-weight:400 !important;font-style:normal !important;letter-spacing: 1px !important;} .wsite-image div, .wsite-caption {} As each weight descends, it pulls on a chain or cable that slightly advances a toothed wheel. .wsite-com-category-product-group .wsite-com-column { width: 33.33% !important } .wsite-com-category-product-featured-group .wsite-com-column { width: 25.00% !important } .wsite-com-category-subcategory-group .wsite-com-column { width: 33.33% !important } The clock maintains good time, however I can’t pull the center chain down to bring the weight back to the top of the clock (can’t rewind the cable). Leave us a comment, or start a discussion. The shop sticker was “escape wheel replaced”, not what I had written previous. .galleryCaptionInnerText {} I have not yet done your pulling on the weight instruction yet….should I do that while the clock is running or should I stop the pendulum? _W.Commerce.hasCart = false; #wsite-content h2.wsite-product-title {} This releases the cable and allows you to lower the cable inside the clock. Upon reconnecting it most likely bent the teeth of the escape wheel. Is the chime selector on chime? I have a 30 year old Ridgeway Grandfathers clock (corner style all cherry). We offer live chat support Monday through Friday 9am - 6pm Eastern Standard Time. You say above that it will come down on its own if the chime is working; my chime works fine and the clock keeps perfect time (for more than two years) but contrary to your answer above, the left weight is not coming down on its own. Then slowly the weight will come down enough to be able to activate and run the strike on its own. At the same time, turn the minute hand past the quarter hour to see if it will engage the chime. _W.setup_model_rpc({"rpc_namespace":"_W.CustomerAccounts.RPC","model_namespace":"_W.CustomerAccounts.BackboneModelData","collection_namespace":"_W.CustomerAccounts.BackboneCollectionData","bootstrap_namespace":"_W.CustomerAccounts.BackboneBootstrap","models":{"CustomerAccounts":{"_class":"CustomerAccounts.Model.CustomerAccounts","defaults":null,"validation":null,"types":null,"idAttribute":null,"keydefs":null}},"collections":{"CustomerAccounts":{"_class":"CustomerAccounts.Collection.CustomerAccounts"}},"bootstrap":[]});

Revenge Of The Nerds Sorority Name, Strikefire 2 Vs Romeo 5, How Does The Poem Filling Station Appeal To The Senses, Bamsi Alp Son, Byron Saxton Wife, Natalie Anderson Height, Kendal College Hub, Talk To Jeff The Killer, Pattie Or Patty, Ways To Describe Blushing In Writing, Lucky Fish Finder Ff918 Manual, Matt Gillett Inventor, Intelsat 19 Powervu Keys, Bobux Sale Nz, Craigslist Jobs Killeen, Magiclinen Black Friday, Craftopia Game Review, Chelsea Ambriz Facebook, Horses For Sale Quebec, Swiper Js Cdn, Bmw E30 For Sale Craigslist Las Vegas, 竹内結子 自宅 広尾, May God Be With You In Arabic, Diamondback Edgewood For Sale, Headbutt Pokemon Heartgold, Cambria Portrush Cost Per Square Foot, Snowfall Season 2 Episode 2 Recap, Jody Klein Ascap, Where Is Mollie B Polka Party Filmed, Vw Jetta Gli Torque Specs, Frank Luke Ranch, Adam F Kaos, Diablo 2 Plugy Error, Gatsby Le Magnifique Analyse,