jamaican curse words
One of the most popular swear words in Jamaica. I hope you get the chance to see those soon too. Click here if you're interested in Jamaican proverbs. Let’s look at some of these below. The following Haitian Creole […] If you think the nouns were colourful, the adjectives we come up with as Jamaicans could outdo a rainbow. Bumbo means bottom, claat is the Jamaican pronunciation of cloth. It can be an offensive way to refer to people’s things, so to keep the peace, it’s best used to jokingly refer to your own belongings. As an adjective, wanga gut is synonymous with being greedy, or as we would say, craven. It can also refer to something that is winjy, since not everything little is tallawah. If you haven’t noticed yet, Jamaicans are pretty confident people. Directing this phrase at some Jamaicans is often taken personally and will probably result in a fight. English: What the fuck! A wash belly typically refers to the youngest child, especially if that child is much younger than the rest of their siblings. Bumbo. Baxcovah – “It tun ovah to Baxcova” “A whey de Baxcova yuh a do” Back-foot – “Back-foot, Im lick di cyar to!! This term is sometimes combine with other Jamaican expletives such as bloodclaat or pussyclaat. English: What the fuck! I’m glad you enjoyed it. This term is used to tell someone to perform oral sex on their mother. These words are more often used by generations preceding millennials, and in rural areas. if someone calls you a bloodclaat they are implying that you are the recipricant of body waste! That undesirable consistency is plekeh-plekeh. ☺️, Heel leuke en interessante post.Thanks for following my blog, You’re welcome! You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. It literally translates to Seen, a common phrase we all had written in our books when teachers looked at our assignments. This is most popular with millennials in their later 20s, like myself. Jamaican Patwah Editors review uploaded pictures before publication. Don’t underestimate me. Stock Photos from Photos.com, iStockPhotos.com, 123rf. Look at that! Directing this phrase at some Jamaicans is often taken personally and will probably result in a fight. Gi mi yu money — M'Buckup inna (@Rizzle2k) January 18, 2018. Backside , . Jamaican Swear Words - Learn how to curse in Jamaican. A burglar may also be seen “a Jim-screechy” (sneaking, or lurking) behind the house, trying to break in. Growing up, chi-chi was initially used to refer to termites. Someone who is speakey-spokey may speak with a false twang, or tends to use proper English even in informal settings. These emotions include grief, anger, disgust, surprise, hate, The following are 10 Jamaican Curse words, how they are applied and what they mean. This page contains explicit words, both Creole cuss words and their English meaning. It literally means, “My mouth is not licensed with a church”. Yu a eediat? !” “Kiss-Mi-Neck Back mi neva mean fi do dat”, Whatsitnat – “Ah wha di “Whatsitnat” yuh a duh?” “TheWhatsitnat ting bruk innah mi hand”, Raaah – “Raaah, whey yuh tink yuh ah do” “Ah di raah yuh a do”. Jamaican slang is only one aspect of our culture. Due to a Jamaican song that carries the title, many people also claim it has an underlying sexual meaning…. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! It’s the first time I heard “mi mouth nuh license wid church.”, That’s my favourite one on the list! As commonly happens, the word suss has made it into British slang, but they still use it much differently than we do. Example: (Patois) Yuh a bumboclaat ediat! is the ultimate informal oath that someone is telling the truth. Example Sentences(Patois) Yuh know seh yuh a real battyhole? It probably just evolved from one to the other for added effect, If you’re a Jamaican and reading this post, I’d love to know which one of the pronunciations you’re familiar with. It comes from the word meagre, and is not a compliment. . Growing up, I heard this used to describe everything from porridge to people! We’re terrible people. This is a wonderful way to warn someone, that there is no limit to the atrocities that will come out of your mouth if they cross you, so they should tread lightly. Since many of our adjectives also double as nouns, you will find several more under the hybrid heading in this article. As per usual, all patois words in the body of the article, will be written in italics. It means, I am small but I can accomplish big things. One of the most popular swear words in Jamaica. It is only used to refer to living things, and ranges from mawga dog to mawga gyal. If you want to insult a Jamaican man, ask him about his teely. Patois: Bumbo-pussy-raasclaat, cuh deh!! As one follower explained it: The phrase is a hybrid, because you may also refer to the action of the person as they work to climb the ranks, as hurry-come-up. . (English) Holy Sh*t, the car just hit the goat, Definition: Your ‘raas’ is your bum, ‘claat’ is a cloth, so raasclaat means toilet paper! It can also be used to describe the size of thing. English: Where the f**k did you go with my car? (patois) Yu a chat fuckery! They may perceive themselves as being above others, or may be unwilling to get their hands dirty, or work very hard. This page may contain content that has strong language that may not be suitable for some audiences. This word is a hybrid because I could say the person is a risto (noun), or is being risto (adjective). Example Sentences(Patois) Blood Fyah, di car jus lick di goat. The word “bumbo” means buttocks and it is normally suffixed with other patois terms to enhance its meaning, e.g. As I earlier said, Bumbo means bottom. Patois: Pussyhole, go suck yuh madda You can find her on Instagram as @[email protected], and be just as jealous as I am of her adventures! Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. It is a known fact that the Jamaican curse words have a way of leaving a listener to fall in love with it even if he/she is not conversant with it. Maama-man : man who is stingy in a relationship, — Nikki J (@NikkiJamaica) January 18, 2018. it is mostly used as an exclamation of shock, surprise, anger, frustration or for any other intense emotions.This term is sometimes combine with other Jamaican expletives such as bloodclaat or p**syclaat. When it comes to verbs in Jamaican Patois, we are typically content to use the ones most Anglophones are familiar with, though we often change the meanings. (english) You are talking bullshit! In simpler terms, you are filthy. "Bumboclaat" literally refers to either menstrual pads or toilet paper. For instance, a person travelling with a lot of bags may describe those bags as corouches. Watch Queue Queue. Why did you wear that? While it can mean stars, I’ve always thought it just meant tiny flashes of light — perfectly reasonable after you’ve been pimp-slapped by a parent for being out-of-order. A hurry-come-up is similar to what other English speakers may refer to as an upstart. . . (English) The asshole just stole my phone! Brawta refers to getting something extra as a bonus. Jamaican patios bad words (swear words) are very colorful and are usually very descriptive of the moment. Thanks for visiting mine. This is usually only used to refer to women. Come kiss my ass. Your IP: 51.254.44.184 81 The word risto comes from the word aristocrat. He also specified that the term tends to be used more for men than women. Anonymous. For instance, upon seeing a mansion, a Jamaican may describe it as a “raatid house”, meaning it’s really big. Bumboclaat One of my absolute favourites, you have to get to a certain age before you can say this in public and get away with it. Nigerian Defense Academy Form for 2020/2021 Application [72nd Regular Course], Airtel *444# Code | Everything You Need to Know, List of All Accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria, Nigerian Military Ranks – Army, Navy and Airforce. Are you an idiot? Unique designs created by designers all over the world. Gi mi yuh money, (English) Motherf**ker! Your post came up as “Someone,” so I’m not sure who this is, but you’re welcome! what are some jamaican curse words said. For instance, when I order a Boston Creme at Dunkin Donuts, and they toss an extra one in the bag for free, that’s my brawta! This is a hybrid because I could use it to explain her actions as speakey-spokey (verb) or to describe the person as speakey-spokey (adjective). Jamaican Patwah. But one of my friends in Montego Bay told me the simile recently caught on. Jamaussie 2017  Don't follow me i am lost.. Jamaican Slang and Glossary Words and Phrases. While we’re on the topic of sex, I suppose now is as good a time as any to refer to male genitalia. Though winjy is falling out of use to describe petite body types, mawga is eternal. A combination of Jamaican curse words “bumbo” and “rass”, this term is use to express extreme anger or shock. Teasing your friends or full on insulting other drivers in traffic is a common part of life in Port-au-Prince. As a noun, we use wanga gut to refer to a big belly, especially one that swings and bounces, and is the result of gluttonous tendencies. Browse Insult Patois words and view their definitions, pronunciations, and alternative spellings on JamaicanPatwah.com Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Patois: Kiss mi rass! The British use it to mean realising or understanding something, but in Jamaica, suss refers to gossip and scandalous rumours. ‘Small up yuhself’ A useful expression to know when using crowded buses or taxis; Small up yuhself quite literally means to make some room.

Racquel Smith New Baby, Carole Underwood Age, Shalita Grant Parents, Carpet Binding Tape, Yvette Nipar Height, Sapphire Moonlight Meaning, 12x16 Deck Kit, High School Musical 2 Complet, Female American Gladiators, Minecraft Werewolf Skin, Grand Castle Hotel Hurricane, Mary Beth Lycett Height, Seaborn Network Graph, Casey Bridges Death, Andrea Barnes Explorer, Goldendoodle Breeders Pa, History Of Sole Proprietorship, Cliff Floyd Wife, Angus Cloud Brain Surgery, Yujiro Hanma Family Tree, Interior Design Portfolio For Job Interview Pdf, Honda Wave Price Thailand, Kathrine Narducci Daughter, Neil Bonnett Wife Remarried, Tiger Cake Template, Iron Man Helmet Template Mark 85, Fake Den Betas Aj, Jesse Duplantis Jet, How Old Is Harry Hamlin, Dacor Pcor30s Parts, Brule Sioux Pronunciation,