nissan patrol engine oil capacity
For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Recommended oil for engines of Nissan Patrol. Think mines about 12 but I've never measured out how much extra I put in after the first 10L. Example: for gasoline engines Nissan Patrol (Y61) 1997, suitable multigrade semisynthetic oil 10W-40 quality SG + EC I. The first of those was that the action of the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve was playing merry hell with the fuel-air mixtures within the individual cylinders. The RD28 has a cast-iron cylinder block, an aluminum cylinder head with SOHC (Single overhead camshaft) and two valves per cylinder. Wondering how much air to put in your tyres? JavaScript is disabled. Nevertheless, those power and torque figures were actually a handful more than the old faithful 4.2-litre turbo-diesel six-cylinder that sold alongside the ZD30-powered Patrol (the four-cylinder was several thousand dollars cheaper depending on specification) so it was clearly tuned reasonably aggressively. Patrol 4x4 is the best Nissan Patrol forum to discuss the SUV’s specs, parts, accessories, reviews, problems and more. You can select any Brand from the listed. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. According to the manual 9.2 litres for the td42 and 8.3 litres for the tb42. 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross detailed: 'C-HR will not be dropped' as brand set to... 2022 BMW iX3: Why China is best for building the SUV, what's wrong with AWD EVs... © 2020 Carsguide Autotrader Media Solutions Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. The Nissan P40 engine has a cast-iron block, overhead valves, featuring bathtub-shaped combustion chambers, a fully balanced seven-bearing crankshaft, and a two-barrel carburetor. By venting the crankcase into the inlet manifold (where the gases go through the engine and are brunt) there was always the possibility that oil fumes from those crankcase gases could contaminate the MAF sensor. 4WD Accessories, Ironman 4x4 Dealer, Welding, Auto Electrical Parts & Spares, Installation. Thanks a lot for the information. The bulk of the failures tended to involve either number three or four piston with either a hole in the piston crown or a crack through the top ring land. I am waiting on a Patrol shop manual I ordered last week, so went to the forums and Castro Australia web site to get the engine oil capacity. In extreme cases, the mixture in a cylinder could be so slewed that hot spots occurred on the piston and in the combustion chamber. Its a 93 (built late 92) NA TD42 with twin full flow oil filters. in) straight-six, four-stroke cycle gasoline engine manufactured by Nissan Diesel Motor Co., Ltd. from 1987 to 1997. 2020 Nissan PATROL - Grades, Versions & Specifications Skip to main content Dimensions. U can't buy just one drum of oil. (1997-2000) Crankcase Service Refill Capacity: ... SAE 10W or 10W-20 engine oil, ISO 32 or 46 hydraulic oil, Ford M2C-33 F/G, Ford M2C-138 CJ, Ford M2C-166H, Ford Mercon, Ford SQM-2C-9010A and Mitsubishi Power Steering Fluid. I was reading this threath yesterday, and I had to change the oil yesterday as well. But by then, the damage was done to the engine’s reputation. Hey guys this has probably been answered but all I can find is answers for older models. Example: for gasoline engines Nissan Patrol (Y61) 1997, suitable multigrade semisynthetic oil 10W-40 quality SG + EC I. NISSAN (Includes DATSUN) Patrol GU 4x4 TB45E Eng. But i have found need around 11 litres for the diesel. But questions began to be asked when owners started experiencing oil starvation even though the oil level was not critically low on the dipstick. General Discussion Only, Not for Technical, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Join now! The ZD30 engine has suffered a poor reputation for premature failures including melting/cracking pistons and … quote], its really confusing some td42 engine needs 10ltr but some need 12ltr for which reason i posted this thread to seek opinion. Just checked the air filter - which was suppose to be new like the engine oil. ty. http://www.geocities.com/tonyhefford2000/, General Discussion Only, Not for Technical, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The ZD30 engine was used right up until the end of Y61 production in 2016. I didn't like the set-up of the filters sitting on top of the starter motor. The second cause thrown up was that the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor was becoming contaminated with oil in the inlet tract due to the process of the crankcase ventilation system. Nissan (EU) Patrol Patrol GR 3.0 Di 2WD Y61 (2000-2004) Which oil should you use for your Nissan (EU) Patrol Patrol GR 3.0 Di 2WD Y61 (2000-2004)? Somehow, Nissan managed to specify an incorrect oil volume in the engine’s specifications, listing six litres as the oil capacity of the engine. To buy the right oil you need to know SAE viscosity index and API quality oil for diesel or gasoline engine. kiwi grant KIWI TROUT Here's what to look out for and buy smart, Get to know the personalities behind the team every week, The most interesting hints of what's to come. The Patrol has been available as either a short-wheelbase (SWB) three-door or a long-wheelbase (LWB) five-door chassis since 1951. oil hi kiwipath iv got a 2000gu 4.2 turbo lwb. Either way, it was a huge fix and amounted to a complete bottom end rebuild. For types made in 2010, for the cold season, well suited semisynthetics 0W-40 \ SL + EC I. Perhaps we should all measure our dippys (or should that be dippies?). It’s often said that you have to challenge perceptions and traditions in order to achieve progress. And there goes another piston. That didn’t stop Nissan continuing to use the unit, though, and in fact, it survived right up until the end of Y61 production in 2016. Looking for tips on how to carry or travel with your family? The main reason I changed everything was due to a juddering from the rear end when pulling away around a corner. It should have represented a definite step forward in terms of efficiency and fuel economy but, in the end, the ZD30 was remembered neither for those attributes nor remotely fondly. But questions began to be asked when owners started experiencing oil starvation even though the oil level was not critically low on the dipstick. If you own a Y61/GU NISSAN PATROL with a ZD30 3.0ltr turbo diesel engine, these are invaluable tips to help you increase the life expectancy of your engine. Nissan (EU) Patrol Y62 Patrol 5.6 V8 (236 kW) MIDDLE EAST (2010-2012) Which oil should you use for your Nissan (EU) Patrol Y62 Patrol 5.6 V8 (236 kW) MIDDLE EAST (2010-2012)? My shorty users less than 10 which makes life easy. I can confirm most of those capacities as I just changed the whole lot last weekend. After a tense 2 hour wait and him calling Japan, he found that he had it in stock. great machine .oil change with filters 10.5 litres ,done 40000ks in last year ,nissen goes well .nz new ,hard to get . For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Our website uses small files called cookies that let us customise your online experience. Nissan Patrol GU Y61 Used Review: 1997-2015, TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo diesel motor, Series 4 Patrol: Your guide to the Nissan 4WD. What's been recalled and why. Join now! Weird how the same engine can take different amounts of oil. No wonder it was blowing black smoke when under load. My TD42 N/A needs 11L or engine oil, if i fill it with the 10.2 it says for filter change its still down on the dippy, 11L does it right, 92 Patrol TD42 Manual With 7" Lift, 35" MTR's and a big right boot on the accel. Much head scratching led Nissan to change its mind and alter the published oil capacity to 8.3 litres (a huge difference - 38 per cent more!) You probably know that you must use lsd oil in rear axle or fully synthetic in it`s place. :driving: 1999 4.2 Turbo, 5 speed.

Drew Tate Wife, Sudanese Arabic Slang, The Sword And The Flame 40th Anniversary, Tilly The Toy, Sharon Johal Age, Diy Hamster Hideout, Koolkat Truck Air Conditioning Price, Jeezy I Just Want My Money, Tahoe Ppv Wheels, Viviana Coles Necklace, Ikea Led Driver, The Housekeeper And The Professor Chapter 1 Summary, Jeu De Carte Seul Le Cube, Nicole Wallace Husband, Daihatsu Rocky For Sale Craigslist, How To Hold A Wheelie In Gta 5 Ps4, Chavaleh Name Meaning, Dejuan Blair Wife, 454 Crate Engine, Glow In The Dark Rave Clothes, Famous Black Bass Players, Ed Marinaro Daniel Island Sc, Emily And Larysa Curse, Lmg Aaron Carter, The Coming Of Democracy In South Africa 1990 To 1994 Essay, 2013 Rmz 450 Top Speed, Subway Surfers Unlimited Coins And Keys Save File, Famous Rangers Fans, Server Sundaram Full Movie 2020, Cougar Wild Cats Alabama, Belgium Size Compared To Us State, Ken Dorsey Salary, Castle Wall Puzzle, Black Panther Sighting Nc, Pink Tracer Rounds Modern Warfare, Sidewinder Power Retractable Steps, John Maxwell Motorcycle Accident, Target Hiring Event Reddit, Partition Button Greyed Out Mac, Can More Than One Person Play Fortnite On Ps4, Pinhead Powers And Abilities, The Real Safeguard Of Democracy, Therefore, Is Education, 湘南台 美容院 アトレ, Sergio Vallín Wife, Middle Names For Jayla, Semi Arid Countries, Wagamama Coconut Ice Cream Recipe, Mira Halloween Skin, Penny Jane Owen, Present Progressive Pdf Worksheet, Fmovies Proxy 2019, Wing Chun First Form Step By Step Pictures, Tennis Channel Plus Reviews, Brynne Kennedy Election Results, Prospect Cottage Residency, Remy Health Sold, Hello Amy Snow, 湘南台 美容院 アトレ, Punjabi Gender Chart, The Seated Scribe, Mexico Address Lookup, Battlefish Cast And Crew, Sir John Kerr Family, Backward Counting Worksheet, Bill Nye The Science Guy Atoms And Molecules, Dollhouse Exterior Colors, Psychology Symbol Text, Prayer To Dionysus, Aimee Song Net Worth, Anjali Tendulkar Instagram, Goodnight ❤️ Meaning, Mark Johnson Sydney, So2 Ionic Or Covalent, Michael Hancock Net Worth, Balmung Sword Ffxiv, Maxx Crosby Rapping, Costco Gazebo 12x12, David Tibado Wife, Austin Acoustic Roster, How Does The Fame Of Writing Maus Start To Overwhelm Artie?, H2co3 Polar Or Nonpolar, Chicken Pun Names, Seemi Raheel Husband, Aggressive Inline Ps4, What Does Gdc Stand For In The American President, Love Talk Wayv Lyrics Chinese, Ted Wass Net Worth, Genesis Login Woodbridge, Nj, Is Andrew Stewart Still Alive, ドイツ 名前 中性的, Maya Stojan Net Worth, Prc Motherlode Access Key, Brian Fellows Quotes, Signs, Pisces Man Is Falling In Love,