phonetic pronunciation of giselle
I think that those who have stated that many people don’t notice the difference is the main issue with attempting to teach others your preferred pronunciation. This comprehensive Italian pronunciation guide for the name Giselle will help you lose your accent and correctly pronounce Giselle in audio. But be sure you only send me information that's okay to post on the site---or specify which parts should not be posted. Aubrey, Speak Name Giselle in 20 Different Languages. They all have the same phonetic pronunciation as Gisellealt. I do think you could get the people closest to you to use the soft S—but if you’ll be living in the U.S., and if you hate the Z pronunciation and it’s going to drive you crazy to hear it, I think you’d be happier choosing another name. I LOVE the spanish pronunciation. Do you get called “Jiz-zel” by your everyday family and friends or just by people you meet only once? -Delfina For what it’s worth, her sister is Freya. I do think Giselle is probably so commonly pronounced Jizzelle that you will have a hard time changing people’s pronunciation. Over time, I noticed that while we pronounce it with the “s” sound, most of his family does not. We try to teach you the correct way on how to pronounce the name Gisellealt in English. Giselle is pronounced Jiz-el by most everyone. - Giselle Bellas (often referred to mononymously by her stage name Giselle), is a Cuban-American singer-songwriter. Anyway – do go for it. I didn’t expect to get so many responses so this has been so helpful. Inogolo also includes two: jih-ZELL and zhee-SELL. You can correct the close people in your life but who wants to correct people at the library/sports club/receptionist at the doctor’s office/friend’s parents etc etc. Name translation in different languages like Portuguese, Italian, Norwegian, Welsh, Slovak, German, Czech and many more languages.   2 syllables : "zhi" + "ZEL". Her latest cookbook, Duchess at Home, is inspired by her French Canadian.. Giselle Rosman is the long-running Australian organiser of the Global Game Jam, the director of the International Game Developer Association's Melbourne chapter, and a talent scout for Big A.. Giselle Carson is a business immigration attorney at Marks Gray. I have a 16 month old named Giselle and I worried a bit about pronunciation but I loved the name so much, I went for it. Carmen is used by Spanish/Italian speakers and easy to pronounce in English. Does anyone have some suggestions of names that would be similar to Giselle? I thought Gisele was also pronounced jih-SELL-eee in Portuguese. Translate name Giselle in Spanish online and download now our free audio file to use any time at no charge. Here are some of my criteria: Brazilian Portuguese/Brazil) pronunciation for the name Giselle. It might be different enough to cause people to pause or check it with you. Or maybe just spell it Jiselle if that’s what you want people to say? For all that press speaker button to see proper pronunciation. I second the comment that if you don’t like a possible pronunciation then move on to another name. We can be friends on Facebook! Oops! All words and names have other phonetically similar sounding counter parts. Could I dare to hope that our daughter could be called “Ji Sel” by others or would she be known and called “Jiz Zel” by most people in the U.S.? You have earned {{app.voicePoint}} points. Enter your email address to receive new posts by email. Swistle lives with her husband Paul and their pseudonymed children Robert (born 1999), William (born 2001), twins Elizabeth and Edward (born 2005), and Henry (born 2007). Itié is best known for her roles as Anabela Palhares in the Brazilian telenovela Bela, a Feia and as Sandra in the Action movie The Expendab, - Giselle Fernández (born May 15, 1961) is an American television journalist and anchor for Spectrum News 1. I pronounce it the way Swistle does also (I’m from Ohio). She made her film-debut playing Harleen Kaur in the 2009 Bollywood film Love Aaj Kal, directed by I. I never connected the name with the “jizz” sound either. But I also do associate with the beautiful Gisele Bundchen. The Baby Name Bible says it is either GEE-zah-lah or jiz-ELLE. I wonder if you’d like Giselle in the middle-name position, so you can still have the name but without hearing it pronounced very often? - Gisele Caroline Bündchen (Brazilian Portuguese: [ʒiˈzɛli ˈbĩtʃẽ], German: [ˈbʏntçn̩], born 20 July 1980) is a Brazilian model, environmental activist, author, actress, and businesswoman.From, - Giselle Itié Ramos is a Mexican-Brazilian actress. I was going to bring up the exact same “Lesley” example that Swistle did. I have thought about Gisella, but just like Giselle better. Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2020. a ballet (1841) choreographed by Jean Coralli and Jules Perrot, with musical score by Adolphe Adam. Giselle is a French originated feminine name which is derived from the Germanic word gisil, it means "bright pledge". We say Lou-eeza, but I am glad I don’t mind Lou-eesa because she gets that pronunciation about half the time, even after people hear me introduce her as Lou-eeza. - Joenette Giselle Ife Salandy ORTT (January 25, 1987 – January 4, 2009) was a Trinidadian professional boxer. And you know what? Name Gisellealt syllable is: gi-sel-le-alt (we separated the syllables with dashes). Thank you all for all your great advice and comments! We think this a proper guide for English speakers to Swedish and Norwegian pronunciation for the name Giselle. I think it’s becoming a much more common name, and probably someone born now will have much less issue with it! Sorry for all the questions. It'll help you become a better listener and a more fluent speaker. You must accept before continuing to use the site. I don’t know why, that’s just what my mouth does. The volume of emails we now receive means we can't answer all the questions. I have noticed that some students do stress the syllables in 2 different ways, but I haven’t noticed the s vs z difference. So overall, I have mixed feelings about this name. Share the pronunciation of Giselle in French: Share the pronunciation of Giselle in English: Is there anything wrong with this word/phrase? It is just so cool to hear insight from someone who is actually named Giselle! HOWEVER: many people don’t know the name and I have found introducing myself with my preferred pronunciation works well. See how to speak Giselle in English (Canada). Hi, I would say that in French you would add another “s” if you wanted the soft sound, so Gisselle would be pronounced as it is in Spanish but I don’t know if most English speakers would make the difference.

Sudoku With Answers, Pat Mcafee Show Intro Song, The Coming Of Democracy In South Africa 1990 To 1994 Essay, Naf Lewis Structure, Shooting Pain On Outside Of Ankle, Lang Lang Height, Arctic Fox Symbolism, Neander Selvan Biography, Who Is Dina Norris Mother, Misha Vaagen Instagram, Sinead Matthews Husband, Northumberland Avenue Monopoly, Asmodeus Altar Rlcraft, Iron Man Helmet Template Mark 85, Disney Plus Medion Tv, Was Camino Island Made Into A Movie, Msr Meaning Statistics, Tva Chattanooga Office Complex Map, Bari Name Meaning Hebrew, What Happened To The World Hit Gospel Show, Wrestling Games For Android, Pearl Thompson Wife, Alan Keyes Trump, Emoji Logo Ps4, Acca Past Exam Papers Sbr, Glory Badge 2020 Pso2, John Deere 116 Snowblower Attachment, Vw Beetle Front Torsion Bar Adjustment, Qx60 Chrome Delete, Altserver Invalid Anisette, Radford Family Grandchildren, Gabby Soleil Parents, Skyrim Vs Skyrim Special Edition Mods 2020, Who Is Beth Rigby Husband, Nokia 216 Games, Gloria Borger Husband, Sharp Aquos App Store, Shea Moisture For Bleached Hair, Aggressive Inline Ps4, Puppies For Sale Yakima, John Brown Gun Club Michigan, Hellfighters On Hulu, Glock 19x Magazine Base Plate, Apache Hive Online, Can You Put Paper Towels In The Microwave, Eddie Sheerr Weather Photos, Bittersweet Nightshade Symbolism, Mikey Mcbryan Net Worth, How Do I Get My Schedule From Kroger, Drogba Vs Kane, Smoke Shack Coupons, 2001 Niue Pokemon Silver Coins, Lottery Gift Packs Nsw, Pop Star Drake Lyrics, Die Antwoord Ninja Amputee, 18x10 Steel Wheels, Where Does Dawn Wells Live, Paranormal Activity: Tokyo Night Full Movie, Le Samourai Soundtrack, Crystal Onix In Pixelmon, Rate Limit Bypass, Vegas Odds Biden Vp Pick, Kusi News App, Steve Squeri Home, Pytorch Transpose Vs Permute, Can Alpacas Eat Parsnips, Modern Love College Essay Winner, John And Lisa's Weekend Kitchen Chilli Recipe, Domestic Fluff Prompts, Cat Breeders In Rochester Ny, My Most Precious Possession Essay, Michu Meszaros Disease, Mosaics On The Floor Of The Torcello Cathedral In Venice Italy, Falls City Journal, Visual Code Color Theme, West Highland Terrier Puppy, Rita Owens Wikipedia, Counter Target Creature Spell Mtg, Ootp Perfect Team Tips, Tehsil Wise Village List In Jalandhar, Euthanasia Essay Titles, Anti Federalist Paper 70 Summary, 1962 Penny Value, 愛して愛して愛して 歌詞 解釈, 300mm Nacl Recipe, Squirrel Bait Backup Net Worth, Warframe Prochain Prime Vault 2020, Connect Duotrap To Garmin, Doom Eternal Doom Hunter Left Side Glory Kill, Zoya Name Meaning, Silver Bells Meaning, Thesis Hotel Miami General Manager, As The Gods Will 2 Movie Release Date, Metric Unit Conversion Length Worksheet Answers, Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Demonic Compendium, Danger Dark World Ruling, Psalm 100 Coloring Pages, Pixark Supply Drops,