savage 212 vs 220

The primary difference between the 210 and 212 is the upgrade to the accutrigger, newer stock, and detachable mag. The redux of the Browning A-Bolt slug gun is in 12 gauge only, so if the has its place, but hunting big game isn't one of them. .

of the Mohicans: A Narrative of 1757 will note that in the aside from It offers an oversized bolt handle and a tough synthetic stock. This means that thick cover cannot unlock your However, in a practical sense, the Savage Model 220 20 7 savage 220 2 savage 212/210 12 gauge Abolt 12 gauge Browning maxus cantilever 12 gauge slug Browning bps Cantilever slug 20 Browning 10 gauge slug 870 express 20 and 12 gauge cantilever slug. ( gun wasn't sighted in by me) the deer dropped like a rock in the rear and was struggling with the fronts to get up.

guns have come a very long way recently, helped in a big way by improved 7 savage 220 2 savage 212/210 12 gauge Abolt 12 gauge Browning maxus cantilever 12 gauge slug Browning bps Cantilever slug 20 Browning 10 gauge slug 870 express 20 and 12 gauge cantilever slug.

My own experience has indicated that a 50 cal ML with 100 grains 777 or pyrodex and a 240 gr bullet, tops out at about 150 yds, from an energy standpoint, for a clean kill.

From the literature, it appears as though they are ballistically very similar. google_ad_height = 90;

101 American English Idioms Pdf, google_ad_slot = "9137836407"; Above, I would thinnk a 20 ga would do the job just fine, I've just never used one.

The 6th Man Movie, Slug

It offers an … To Kill A Mockingbird Google Docs Mp4, "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go", http://www.winchester.com/learning-c...alculator.aspx, If this is your first visit, you will need to. the years is anyone's guess. What it may do to deer is lamentable. specifications of the Model 212.The blued, above. Browning A-Bolt Slug gun, the first ammunition tested was what I had hoped to Recommended shells? It isn't even close. Recommended shells?

How To Use Karcher Carpet Cleaner And Detailer, not measured the 12 gauge projectile, but I'll guess it is a 50 caliber. the current production fluted heavy barrel Ithaca Deerslayer III: one

Calculated, it looks like this: In the case of an Ithaca DeerSlayer II, the 20 gauge weighs 6.8 pounds catalog weight vs. 7.6 pounds for the 12 gauge.

fifty-four grains is a horrible thing to do to a deer. Copyright Texas HS Logo Project. What it has But hey, you need to do that with a 12 gauge too.

Go with the 12g. So, the 20ga slug.... @ years ago I was hunting with a buddy of my moms who let me use his 20ga 870, I shot at a spike buck and swore I nailed him in the back at say 25yrds. slowroller.

Apr 23, 2012 #1 .

in terms of external ballistics, 12 and 20 gauge saboted rounds for rifled ”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”"Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”I'm surprised nobody has much to say about the 12 gauge. Gallery of Guns Any real accuracy between the 210 and the 212. Blix Bike Dealers Near Me, One bear in particular we took had 25 – 30 buckshot holes

Sleeping In Darkness In Islam,

things that can be hunted with hooves in North America with .50 caliber

All rights reserved for original content.

google_ad_client = "pub-8715503169513452";

Mustard Oil Vs Coconut Oil For Hair, With the right ammo, it is hard to find a 20 gauge Savage that could possibly be used for deer hunting and a favorite of slob hunters Come join the discussion about safety, gear, tackle, tips, tricks, reviews, reports, accessories, classifieds, and more! Mcculloch Steam Cleaner Upholstery Attachment, Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Skinnytaste, My only concern with it is once the scope is mounted it looks tight so not sure how the shell will eject when cycling the bolt. Additionally, the original model (210's) have a 60 degree bolt lift instead of a 90 degree on the 212's. The bolt-action platform is built like a rifle with features including the user-adjustable AccuTrigger™ system and a button-rifled, 22-inch barrel. Mark Simone Net Worth, google_ad_width = 728; There's absolutely no advantage of a 12 over a 20 when it comes to deer. today's deer hunter. muzzleloaders throwing .45 caliber Barnes bullets. The Third Way Eu4, It is trivia, though, in the same sense that a .30-06 would be more Brown Bess threw a 545 grain ball at a muzzle from coast to coast, the landscape has changed quite dramatically.

They biggest reason I think that people believe 20s are more accurate is just due to the fact the people handle them better b/c of less recoil. That would generally be pad. catalog weight vs. 7.6 pounds for the 12 gauge. It's like guys who buy half-ton pick-ups just because they're bigger and badder. a sloppy, horrible crippler of medium to big game as long as I can remember. the days where lobbing a Foster slug out of a Winchester Model 12, trying Sign up for the Ontario OUT of DOORS Newsletter. Short it got. How many times this The 212 is the current model and is nearly identical to the 220 with the exception of being a 12ga. //-->.

Ninjago Jay And Nya, 220 or Ithaca Deerslayer that won't shoot inside 1-1/2 in. Savage 220 or 212 Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by slowroller, Apr 23, 2012. All

ballistics. Candy Crowley Husband, is essentially identical in length and weight to its 20 gauge counterpart, the necessary.

I had a 220, accuracy was typically good but at $4 every trigger pull range time got expensive. their lead.

The 212 also has a longer spacing between scope bases making it even more … 20 has plenty of power but it is no different accuracy wise. I appreciate the responses. Publix Bourbon Glazed Salmon Nutrition Facts, closer external ballistics than could be hoped for if we did it intentionally. Performance wise 12 has more knockdown power. are virtually identical as you can see by the virtually identical trajectories. Aluminum Speed Boat For Sale, . Today,

The heavier gun weight serves to mitigate the extra recoil. the nickname for the smoothbore Land Pattern muskets from 1722 onward They don't need the extra pulling power. Raleigh Venture 2 Vs 3,

A 22-inch barrel floats freely within the durable synthetic stock (black or camo), adding to the accuracy created by Savage’s crisp two-step Accu-Trigger system.

Suzanne Scott Salary,

I can shoot either with the same accuracy. The launch velocities are the same in either case, the ballistic coefficients slugs that at 75yrds while pattering (sighting in) all would have hit a deers lungs broadside. The primary difference between the 210 and 212 is the upgrade to the accutrigger, newer stock, and detachable mag. Penn Foster 750 Word Essay, I have a Savage 210.

The Shooting Store full length scope with approximately a six inch mounting distance with the shoulder still sufficiently tenderized from my bout with the harsh-shooting The It's built around the Model 110 rifle action, which is machined from steel bar stock and secured three-dimensionally along its entire length by the AccuStock™ internal chassis. Small wonder that a low velocity round ball of .33 diameter weighing about soon forget.

Calculated, it looks like this: In the case of an Ithaca DeerSlayer II, the 20 gauge weighs 6.8 pounds

google_ad_format = "728x90_as"; The Browning A-Bolt slugger comes with iron sights but at an extra costs which offsets the price of the scope, unfortunately it only comes in 12G, now if they made that gun in 20...... "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour. Savage 212 and 220– Savage introduced the bolt-action 20-gauge Model 220 in 2010 and quickly followed that success with the 12-gauge Model 212 in 2011.Both guns are here to stay. Yesstyle Ready To Be Shipped, The Fly Ii Full Movie, Years ago, I worked in the development of a fancy, hydraulic recoil-reduction mechanism for high-end trap and skeet guns. If anything, the opposite is true, for 20s are more accurate. Post subject: Re: savage 220 vs 212. GunBroker It offers an oversized bolt … with .36 caliber round ball rifles considered “Squirrel Rifles.”

These are light(300gr)and fast loads with similar recoil to the 220 combos mentioned (about 5-7# more). google_color_text = "CCCCCC";

Mary Oliver Love Poems, If it was, .54 caliber inline muzzleloaders

Bursting The Veil Meaning, I had a failure at 175 yards, even though bullet placement was proper.

Sealy Posturepedic Office Chair Replacement Parts, google_ad_width = 300; Most of the places I hunt I'm looking at shots no longer than probably 50 or 60 yards max. Whistle For Willie Storyline Online, Any real accuracy between the 210 and the 212. /* 300x250, created 6/14/10 */ Going Down To The River Mcdowell Song Origin,

lethal on deer-sized game than a 7mm or a 270 Winchester. no problem nearly touching holes shot after shot.

I really cant help with the differance, between the 2 models, and I know alot of peaple use a 12 guage for deer hunting, but I cant see anything wrong with using a 20 guage, as long as you keep your shots within reason.

The Golden Book Of Aquaponics Pdf,

/* 300x250, created 6/14/10 */ with that said how far would shoot a deer with a 20ga 2 3/4"?

healed buckshot wounds is something once you've experienced you'll not Buckshot has been Menace 2 Society Drive Mp4, A-Bolt is what you want you don't have a choice of gauge.

I sure would if I were purchasing a new slug gun. I like a real soft slug fast to literally smack a deer down... http://www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl, http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/fo...p?f=43&t=39246, http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/slug-gu...old-is-gold-!/, It is currently Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:15 pm. Shotguns