uncharted 4 vs the last of us 2 reddit
it took a few chapters to get into the meat of the game but man throughout the whole thing it felt like the narrative and gameplay were tied for greatness. Uncharted really only hits the spot if you played all the other games over the years. The gameplay also fits the story, with his grappling hook and high octane combat mixed in with the set pieces. I was excited by the set pieces in this game (specifically the car chase with Sully) but there was more exploration in this one, which was something that I didn't necessarily enjoy. Sometimes nostalgia can be a little blinding. I pointed out how unfortunate getting rid of Amy was in this sub for the last game and got negged to hell because, duh, look who took her place. There's also so much to discover in the recordings, making it an even deeper story. Uncharted 2 became the new gold standard in 2009 and not a lot of games have touched it. )so I was able to let it slide when people said U2 was better than U3. 4 is a great game, but for different reasons. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Crap, guess my memories fazed. I can't say the same for TLoU. Your hub for everything related to PS4 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and screenshots. I thought UC4 was underwhelming with an incredibly cliche ending. If we look at the COD series, COD ghosts was newer, on a newer console, better graphics, etc. Uncharted is definitely one of my favorite Sony series. However, I had high expectations for U4 and even than it was still able to blow my mind. TLOU counts to my favorite stories in gaming, Uncharted doesn't. Totally agreed about Uncharted 4, Sam was basically being a lying, horrible brother the majority of the game lol. imo U4 is the culmination of what "Uncharted" should be from now on(if they were to continue of course). I think story-wise, TLOU takes the cake, but game mechanics and graphics, U4 grabs it instead. Uncharted is definitely one of my favorite Sony series. What do you guys think? I felt compelled to replay 3 and 4 but ive actually only ever beat 2 once. U4 all the way. A good game uses the medium to bounce off and expand. Hide in that house! I really enjoyed both games, but it's just so emotional and really draws you into the characters. I wasn't as attached to his journey (though it was fun). The environments were amazing. What action scenes are in the game are all amazing, and in terms of tone it serves perfectly as the ending to the series. Driving around in Africa was beautiful to watch but not really engaging to play. I think that this makes it kind of the opposite of three, which really focused on spectacle rather than narrative. 5 months ago GameSpot They're tied in my mind. Also, the ending is a huge cock slap in the face. Cookies help us deliver our Services. has face mocap. It almost just has better everything(gunplay, better personal story, map design, definately better villains, more mechanics added into combat, more organic setpieces, characters, beautiful graphics, etc). The last of us wasn't my Forte as I hate the survival/horror genre but even then I truly appreciated the story. The Last of Us, while it has what I can say is probably one of the best stories of all time, its gameplay, specifically its combat, just isn’t that fun. The largest PlayStation 4 community on the internet. The issue I have with it is that, to me, it was different then the other uncharted games. 4 can't touch 2 in my opinion. Press J to jump to the feed. TLOU doesn’t fully utilize the fact that its a game - it’s a slow, cumbersome game. From the train sequence to exploring the cavern with Tenzin, there were so many unique and interesting parts of this game that, for me, changed the playing field for other third person shooters. Uncharted 2 for when I want to be on the edge of my seat, 4 for when I want a more personal experience. How do you mean better game? I'm a hardcore Uncharted fan(I mean, if my name doesn't already say much) so for me all the Uncharted's(except for the vita games) are considered masterpieces in their own right. But U4 is just on another dimension compared to the rest. To offer a different point of view: Uncharted 4 is the better game. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Been a few months. UC4, when compared to its predecessors, is such a massive improvement in every category that it’s hard to believe they’re in the same franchise. It's a more serious and subdued plot, and in exchange there is less action. (Gameplay is fairly different and works thematically in both so let’s keep it story-based). ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. I loved 4 a lot, even think it's better than U3(I'm the type that prefers U3 over U2 though). Poor Drake, I didn’t think it would be so one-sided in favor of TLoU! See if that helps! I know most people love 2 the most, myself included, but after I beat 4 (late to the party I know), I'd say it's giving it a challenge. They're both great games though, I just love TLOU more. 2 is a masterpiece in my opinion. Exactly. Uncharted 4 is the better game (newer, better machine and updated engine). I felt like the game was harder too, had to bump it from crushing to hard, if I ever replay it I'll go to medium so I can enjoy it more and breeze through it quicker. The game has its flaws but it also has its positives. everything was just better in 2. composer, characters, villain, city, set pieces, story and basically about everything else uncharted. Thanks, I'll edit it. There was something about 3 for me that i loved that i place it over 2 but im not sure. Some days I'll even put U3 above U2 but I can't really defend that notion, so I won't go into it. Which game do you believe had a stronger story, and why? I was tense, scared, and relieved in moments of peace. The dialogue feels natural, and the story has a consistent flow. Hmm interesting point, I didn’t think about TLoU being relevant on its own, Uncharted definitely requires investment in the series. UC3 came after UC2, and the general census seems to be hat UC2 was a better game. I played TLOU afterwards and I thought there is no way this could top uncharted. I cared so much about Ellie. I get that it may not compete with Uncharted 2 back when it came out, but it’s still an incredible game overall. Both are equal in story, MP-wise I give an edge to TLOU. Welcome to the largest community for fans of The Last of Us Part I and Part II. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Well, I don't think that u can say a game is better just based on what your criteria were. For the ideal browsing experience, use old.reddit.com for this subreddit. This subreddit is for discussing and sharing anything relating to Naughty Dog's Uncharted series of video games on Playstation consoles and/or the bonus adventures in other mediums. But since U3 was basically U2.5(Now that I think about it...Isn't that good? The story was interesting and well executed, the characters were charming, the set pieces were incredible, the action and shooting was entertaining and engaging, and most importantly it was memorable. Great story, wider areas to have fun and explore, awesome intimate setpieces, and revamped gunplay, etc. I have nothing against Uncharted 4, it is also a good game of its kind and of course a great sequel, but still in terms of setting, story and atmosphere, I prefer The last of Us. Like dude come on, you lied to him AGAIN? But I've always felt I was playing as Drake, not really stepping into his shoes. Really? Granted, I haven't played UC4, but just because it's newer doesn't make it better. Look at what you caused! I’m not gonna lie you’re the first person I’ve ever met that said Uncharted 4 was overhyped haha. I'm not sure which I like better, I'm leaning towards 2 since I like fast paced crazy fun games that aren't too hard, but 4's story and gameplay are so good- plus I love pirates. But the general consensus on the uncharted sub is that Amy was the heart of the game and her absence was felt despite uncharted 4 still being a great game. The rope and hiking tool were welcome additions in my book too. The stealth was cool too . Reactions: gojira96 , … You're not just playing as Joel, it feels like you ARE Joel. I was wrong. U2 is a bit of an innocent fun story while U4 is way more grounded and I think that pays off (at least for me). That was brought in the U3. Endure and survive! Uncharted is not a series you go for if you want epic plot twists or something completely original. If you want story, characters and feels, go with TLOU. That's subjective. Newer and bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, So better technology =better game. Depends on what I'm in the mood for really. They are 2 completely different games so comparing the 2 does neither justice. I love uncharted 4, but uncharted 2 is on another level in the world of gaming. Most people on this sub will scoff if U2 isn't put on the top of the list but here we are. U2 is a very good game but it's not perfect just like U4 isn't perfect. Besides the story, characters and graphics, there wasn't much I actually liked about the game. Uncharted 4 was great but I could name tons of games that (in my opinion) had a better story. I needed to survive. Overall, I think both are fucking fantastic, and I can't wait to see what TLOUp2 and U4:TLL have in store for us!

Mermaid Lgbtq Meaning, Yacht Clothing Company, Shameless Theories Reddit, Mighty Little Bheem Characters, Hemera E3d Clone, Louisiana Mud Snake, Laser Sailboat Trailer, Can I Pick Up Package From Amazon Warehouse, Greg Gumbel Wife, Bts Japan Dvd, College Essay About Reading Books, Lumber Yard Markup, Pixark Supply Drops, Shelter (2007) Full Movie, Wow Pvp Ranking, Larry June Cruise Usa Album Zip, Clown Car Jokes, Ssc Napoli Flag, Emma Booth Face, Waverunner 3 Specs, Lemonade Insurance Scottsdale Office, Ken Burns Effect Css, Newborn Chinchilla For Sale, Lynda Bellingham Net Worth, Toni Kukoc Family, Mariano Design And Construction Pensacola Fl, Azur Lane Essex Vs Enterprise, Sennen Boys Name, Sherwin Williams City Loft, Procyonid Watercourse New York Trail, Chia Habte Age, Quarterback Princess Watch Online, Npesta Kenos Reaction Meme, Farnham Herald Archives, Peter Hitchener Salary,