why does kelly wearstler wear a brace
"[40] By that time Wearstler had also written monthly advice columns for publications such as Domaine, The Coveteur, InStyle, and The Huffington Post. I really love traveling anywhere and everywhere. "[6] Mayer Rus, the design and culture editor for Los Angeles Times Magazine, stated that "I think for many people around the world Kelly's work exemplifies this fantasy of beautiful sun-baked life, glamour in California. So, if you have a powder blue wall, you might want to use a turquoise fabric, maybe a navy pillow. Inspired by travel, nature, architecture, fashion, graphic design, literature and art, she’s particularly fond of the work of Pierre Cardin, Oscar Niemeyer, Carlo Scarpa, Louis Kahn, Gio Ponti and Carlo Mollino. In 1994 Kelly Wearstler was Playmate of the Month for September, under the pseudonym Kelly Gallagher in Playboy. Placing all the elements, textures and colors of a space within a single tray helps to visualize the overall balance and cohesive dialogue. It’s my passion.”, “Have an honest conversation. Viceroys worldwide followed. [42] Wearstler is active on social media, and in early 2014, Architectural Digest included her on a list of 15 Must-Follow Designers and Architects on Instagram. BG restaurant at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City. Everyone is doing these virtual meetings and you see so many backgrounds of people's homes. I apply it with a BeautyBlender – only a black or a white one. It's a family room in our home. Design is largely intuitive for Kelly Wearstler, which she describes as “a sort of falling in love over and over again”. [15] In early 2016 an exclusive line of her homeware debuted in Harrods,[16][17] and soon after she launched a bridal registry featuring designer products for the home. I also recommend noise-canceling headsets because if you're trying to focus, and you're in a small space, then that helps to take you into another zone. [18] Also in June 2016, Elle Decor named her to its A-List of the world's best designers[49] for the second year in a row. I’m incredibly healthy and very selective about what I put in my body. What do you always bring when attending one as a guest? There’s an inherent cross-pollination. Is it recovering a sofa? [46] As of 2015 she was involved in a number of collaborations and designing lamps with the Italian furniture company Kartell. The walls and ceiling are covered in honey toned teak wood, giving warmth and texture to the space. [10], Wearstler has released four books, and her first, Modern Glamour, was named a best seller by the Los Angeles Times in 2006. It doesn't have to be a work chair -- just something really comfortable and stylish. Let’s catch up. Her philosophy being “love color, take risks, stay curious”, she’s attracted to designs that explore intelligent use of materiality, juxtapose styles from a range of eras and bring a touch of the unexpected. I am always looking to grow as a designer. [15] KWID also has ongoing partnerships with The Rug Company, E.J. "[16] In June 2016 Wearstler launched a new bridal registry featuring designer products for the home. I’ve been fortunate to have worked with incredible clients throughout my career who share my curiosity and sensibilities. You stay in that color story. Kelly's influence spans from residential and commercial projects, bespoke furniture, home and fashion collections, hotel design, and collaborations with some of the industry’s leading names. So where does the world's most curious designer go to educate her eye? The French version of the publication would also name her to its World's Top Interior Designers list. KW: I am truly inspired by everything: Mother Nature, architecture, fashion, art. After her first hotel project, Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills, she decorated the Viceroy Santa Monica and went on to design multiple properties for the Viceroy Group internationally. [37], As of July 2011 her home furnishing,[5] clothing and accessories continued to be sold at Bergdorf Goodman, as well as through Neiman Marcus, Holt Renfrew, Net-a-Porter,[22] and her website. "[36] The Wall Street Journal called her ready-to-wear clothing and jewelry "reflections of her modern, but also classic and opulent, aesthetic,"[22] while magazine W described that season's fashion collection as "a bold mix-and-match collection of hand-painted blouses, cropped jackets, full-legged pants, and pouf skirts," as well as "stone-laden metal clutches and sculptural jewels" for accessorizing. The New Yorker wrote in 2009 that "most people, including her fellow-judge Jonathan Adler, say they watched just for Wearstler’s getups,"[6] with The New York Times writing that "Wearstler’s fondness for pastiche in fashion garnered a lot of attention... but those hats aren’t calculated." Other key projects include the Bergdorf Goodman restaurant in New York City that mixes elements from the 1930s to the 1970s amidst shades of ebony, ivory, robin egg blue, chartreuse, mustard yellow and bronze, referencing sophisticated salons of the past and the building’s Beaux-Arts heritage, and the Compartés flagship store in Los Angeles, where she reinterpreted classic European chocolate shops of the early 1900s through a California lens. There’s a thrill to designing environments for people to expand their experiences. The best projects are inevitably the ones in which the client has a strong voice and distinctive point of view. There’s so much inspiration to be found.”, “Doing a fashion collection. All your walls could be a crisp bone color, and behind you can be a citron yellow. If you have a lot of green and a lot of neutral colors in your wardrobe, maybe you want to paint your wall a mint green, which has a really great sense of cleanliness and is uplifting. Kelly Wearstler is as classic, chic and gorgeous as the home decor she peddles; she’s also as versatile as her interior design brand, which has recently expanded to fine jewelry. I recommend having your desk by a window because you can look outside, look at trees or the sky ... it's so inspirational, and helps you clear your head. The architecture and the outside surroundings also have important consideration within a space. Currently pursuing a new hospitality venture called Proper Hospitality consisting of high-end residences and hotels, she has completed the Hollywood Proper Residences, Santa Monica Proper Hotel and San Francisco Proper Hotel with its blend of vintage and new furnishings, custom lighting, bespoke reception desk and two-story black iron stairwell cage, artworks by San Francisco-based artists and specially-designed staff uniforms. [1], By early 2011 KWID had designed rugs for the Rug Company[22] and fine china for Pickard China,[35] and KWID would also for a time[15] continue designing a line of wall treatments for F. Schumacher & Co. and exclusive bed sheets for Sferra. Ask Kelly Wearstler about inspirational sources and you'll be treated to an impassioned, immaculately educated romp through the world's best list of museums, galleries, and artists–both classic and contemporary. Her signature sumptuous and vibrant interiors may be found in grand residences and luxury hotels internationally, from Beverly Hills to the Caribbean. Kelly Wearstler is perhaps best known for her luxurious hotel interiors – such as the restaurant at New York’s Bergdorf Goodman and the opulent spaces in Viceroy Miami. The mix is altogether her own and is tailored to every job. My evening routine is really simple. "[32] HarperCollins published Wearstler's Domicilium Decoratus in 2006, a style book featuring photographs of her Beverly Hills mansion and herself dressed in evening gowns. KW: My staff of about 50 includes interior designers, architects, graphic designers, product designers, artists, and our sales and marketing teams. Also, it's the perfect lighting for doing a virtual meeting. Below, America's reigning interior design queen lends her expertise on creating ideal work environments and playing with space. Her eponymous luxury lifestyle brand incorporates her own designs as well as pieces she finds at auction houses, and she sells her own furniture, lighting, home accessories, jewelry and objets d'art collections out of the Kelly Wearstler flagship store opened in 2011 in Los Angeles. I also love Artsy (@Artsy), T magazine (@TMagazine), DesignBoom (@DesignBoom), and Vogue Paris (@VogueParis).”, “Every morning I’m at Barry’s Bootcamp to get the day started. Her first fashion collection was four years in the making, incorporating patterns and design aesthetics seen within Wearstler's interior design work. Two favorite projects that were turning points in my career would be my very first hotel, the mid-century modern Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills, and my first restaurant, BG at Bergdorf Goodman, this iconic store in New York City. Everyone wins.”, “Giovanna Battaglia (@Bat_Gio) has great style. Bergdorf Goodman is a sales site, too. How do you always start your day on a good note? Design is truly a collaborative effort. And for dessert, I’d indulge in a Compartés chocolate bar! San Francisco and Santa Monica Proper are the new hotel projects I’ve completed. And a great pair of heels.”, “Elon Musk. In the morning I spray Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Intensive Treatment, then use Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Eye followed by my Skinceuticals sunscreen. You’re always in a bathing suit so you’re body-conscious. A lot of people are doing business through the internet. "[8] In 2008 she was deemed a "mega decorator" by Domino, with her hotel interiors described as reaching out to "the hip design public. Right now, it's spring, we want to be optimistic, and I think a citron yellow is a really great color because it makes you happy -- it makes you feel good, because color helps to evoke emotions. My mother told me that long ago, and I’m so happy I eventually listened to her.”, “I love the mix of having many different projects at the same time. [10] Wearstler explained that the book is about combining varied textures, scales, and time periods, opining that mixing "antiques, vintage and contemporary design pieces and art" leads to a more "soulful" interior. [31] Publishers Weekly wrote that the book's "large, full-bleed color photographs do justice to the variety of [Wearstler's] creations. [6] Continuing to work primarily out of Los Angeles,[22] as of 2015, Wearstler and Korzen maintained homes in both Malibu and Beverly Hills. "[11] Wearstler was announced as interior designer for a number of upcoming Proper Hotel properties, including locations in Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Brooklyn, Miami, Napa Valley,[11] and Austin, Texas, where she is designing a 35-story Proper hotel announced to open in 2017. Plus, you have an opportunity to work with a broad range of clients who educate you during the design process. In Los Angeles, we designed the jewel-box flagship store. [50] The Telegraph also noted her Instagram account as "must follow. Interior Design: How did growing up in South Carolina influence your work? It’s a completely different industry from interior design.”, “Presentation, talent, kindness, positive energy, organization.”, “I asked her! To get the most bang for your buck (start with) paint. ID: Your style is eclectic, exuberant, and richly layered. The packaging is amazing. I’ve been a luxury lifestyle writer and editor for 15 years, meaning I’ve met with today’s movers and shakers and gone behind the scenes to observe master craftsmen at work creating everything from Cartier timepieces and Moynat handbags to Rolls-Royce cars and Riva yachts. I first look at history, location and architecture, and I try to honor them, but push the boundaries at the same time. Her diverse lifestyle brand now includes everything from residential and commercial interiors to lighting, fabrics, furniture, home accessories, and limited-run gallery editions.

O T Fagbenle Imdb, Micron Layoff 2020, Sonic R Hd Remake, Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Demonic Compendium, Can I Give String Cheese To Baby, Nixtoons 2 Not Working 2020, Pick 3 Pick 4, Dwarf Fortress Name Translator, Julia Rose Twitter, Why Is It Important To Conduct An Audience Analysis Prior To Developing Your Speech?, Is Shrimp Halal, Nicknames For Keziah, Wdcw 50 Is Launching On Youtube Tv, James Urbaniak Wife, Purple Sun Tattoo, Pulp Riot Nevermore, Real Body Temperature App, Terraria Drunk World, Starbound Warp To Outpost, How To Lower Humidity In Closet, Prophet Yaqub Wife, Armslist Orlando Rifles, David Martin World Butterfly, Supermarket Sweep Contestants List, Lettre De Rupture Amour Impossible, Michigan Plate It Your Way, Nicknames For Cheer Friends, Shrek Literary Devices, Kinship Anthropology Essay, Tawana Brawley Facebook, How To Install Newer Super Mario Bros Ds, Maine Elk Hunt, Skip Marley Parents, Ps4 Controller V1 Vs V2, Polite And Politics Etymology, Darren Sugg Net Worth, Liz Cambage Height, Weight, Noree Victoria Date Of Birth, Ludus Imperium Meaning, Mobile Patrol Yadkin County, Eric Nusbaum Obituary, Glenn Healy Daughter, Osrs The Gauntlet, Fayetteville Observer Obituaries, Calico Cooper Husband, Funfair Near Me 2020, How Did Casey Keegan Die, Linda Rambis Wiki, Sanguinius Vs Horus, Scott Stapp Children, 1970 Dojo Wars, Wing Chun First Form Step By Step Pictures, Influence Essay Example, Jake Hays Birthday, Dr Melfi Legs, Al Udeid Base Map, Fierce Deity Link Height, Coachwhip Range Map, Urdu Qaida Pdf, Maddie Hinch Partner, What Is Eco Heat/cool On Toyota Corolla, Dropping Things Fibromyalgia, Is Hanging Up On Someone Disrespectful, Eye Of Horus Dream Meaning, French Fry Food Truck Names, Boeing Layoffs Reddit, Wild Honey Gourami, If I Were A Clown Essay, Scott Coker Wife, College Essay About Ballet,