why does polar bear liver have so much vitamin a
Revitalizing Your Life Energy (Qi) Through Motion, Brocade 1 – Two Hands Support the Heavens, Brocade 2 – Open the Bow & Let the Arrow Fly, Brocade 4 – Looking Behind to Cure Fatigue and Distress, Brocade 5 – Bending over & Wagging the Tail to Calm Heart Fire, Brocade 6 – Reaching Down to Dissipate Disease, Brocade 8 – Toe Touching to Strengthen the Kidneys & Waist, Holistic Approach To Conventional Medicine, Diarrhea with blood present in the stools. Face to face consultation - your health is your wealth, January 16, 2013 by 121dietitian Leave a Comment. The notion that eating polar bear livers is a bad idea is not a new one. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Dr. Michelle Kmiec cured herself from Multiple Sclerosis and Anxiety 100% naturally. 8,000,000 IU’s is an unbelievably high dosage of vitamin A no matter how you slice it! However, according to my research, exfoliative dermatitis is not a symptom of cadmium poisoning. The idea that vitamin A (retinol) is toxic at low doses such as 5000 IU, 10, 000 IU or even 100,000 IU is very misleading. Fishman RA. And guess what? However, in reality, none of those explorers died! Unless, of course your own life is endangered…and it is! Interested in an evidence based weight management programme? You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. So, if cadmium causes this condition as well, we have our conclusion. She is the host of Holistic Health Radio – where she discusses how she recovered her health as well as other hot health topics, and she is also co-founder of Crazy Meets Common Sense! That is why most people usually do not wear dark-colored clothes in summer. However,  we are only half-way to concluding that cadmium may be a culprit of the explorer’s illness as we continue to explore the vitamin A toxicity theory. The liver helps to control blood sugar levels, it cleanses infections from the blood & helps to neutralise drugs & toxins that enter the body. In 1988, a team of Swedish scientists discovered that polar bear and seal livers tend to accumulate the metal cadmium. 2002 Nov;52(5):531-3. By exercising and moderating your diet you are likely to lose more fat than with just diet or exercise alone. Vitamin B9 is More Than a Prenatal Vitamin! Your email address will not be published. Bras and Breast Cancer - Is There a Link? Of course this is implying that it was not the 8,000,000 IU of vitamin A (retinol), but rather an overdose of cadmium that caused their illness. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon! Now you’ve watched all of the ‘Survivorman’ and ‘Man vs. Wild’ episodes on TV so you’re well prepared and perfectly skilled at setting traps to catch yourself a fresh meal. Although vitamin A is not the toxic monster some make it out to be, we have to remember that. First, we must ask the following two questions: Now, it is the alleged “deaths” of those explorers that began this Vitamin A toxicity bandwagon. Copyright © 1967 Published by Elsevier Inc. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-406X(67)90782-7. Drugs can have detrimental effects too, so follow the advice from your GP or pharmacist. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks! February 21, 2016 @ Arctic predators such as polar bears have a greater capacity to store vitamin A in their liver than most other animals. You now begin to panic and wonder what your outcome is going to be. March 3, 2011 @ This makes ZERO sense when you realize that our ancestors thrived on foods like this for thousands […], Your email address will not be published. is a board-certified Chiropractic Physician and Life Coach who also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology, and a minor in Medical Research. 2002 Nov;52(5):647-50. For most people an overdose of the vitamin from their diet would be unlikely however as a precaution pregnant women should take care to avoid vitamin A supplements (unless advised otherwise by a doctor), liver & liver products since they contain high levels of Vitamin A. However, since I don’t simply repeat what I read on the internet but instead perform my own research, I found that the cadmium theory may not hold much water if we are talking about cadmium by itself. May 1, 2011 @ Are You Ready to Make Positive Changes in Your Life? She has been featured in many Health magazines and has been a guest on radio talk shows in the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia. Polar bears aren't immune to the dangers of consuming too much or too little vitamin A; they're affected just as severely by excess or deficiency. Does the Standard American Diet Supply Enough Nutrients? Emmy Mccorison We have online availability too. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Fluids as per recommended (1.5 to 2 litres) helps keep  the body toxins flushed through the system. So great is the polar bears ability to store this vitamin that if you were to consume the liver, you would more than likely succumb to the effects of Hypervitaminosis A. ‘Survivorman’ didn’t prepare you for this! Can't make an in-person appointment? Nice site, nice and easy on the eyes and great content too. The liver acts like a factory in the body performing tasks such as creating proteins, blood clotting factors and other products which aid with digestion and energy release. 11:56 am. I’ve been here a few times and it appears like your articles get much more informative every time. Now, you are aware that although polar bears are not yet on an endangered species list,  killing one would be in bad taste. The symptoms for cadmium poisoning are exfoliative dermatitis and hair loss.”. Trace Mineral Chromium Helps Type 2 Diabetes, Trace Minerals: The Overlooked Nutrients. Required fields are marked *. If You Can Believe it, You Can Achieve it! It is doubtful if the values for No. She is the author of Health Freedom Revolution: Exposing the Lies, Deceit and Greed of the Medical Profession, Founder of Online Holistic Health, and a contributing writer for other popular informative health website/blogs. We all know that exercise is a great way to get fit and lose weight. Polar bear liver, vitamin A, aquaporins, and pseudotumor cerebri. It also acts a storage facility for vitamins, iron & energy. As this is your first kill, you really want to follow the native tradition of eating the liver. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Now okay, not likely to happen down the high street,  but should you find yourself in this unusual circumstance be warned! If you are a RD MBDA HCPC Dietitian and keen to work with our team in the UK, click here to register your interest. Is There A Vitamin Deficiency Link? Despite this the liver is very resilient and providing it has no lasting damage it can repair itself very quickly. With this mind set, you cut out the polar bear’s liver and take a massive bite! Too much of which can have a negative effect on the developing baby. They don’t eat it! Her story has been featured in many international publications. 12:39 pm, Interesting Posts, keep updating this topic, I would love to see more.. thanks, Rebecka Sulek Makes you wonder a bit doesn’t it? Reducing saturated fats, sugars and processed foods will reduce extra stress on the liver. There are some websites that state the following with regard to arctic explorers and polar bear livers: “The Arctic explorers who were said to have died actually lived, but did suffer from exfoliative dermatitis and hair loss. And we haven’t even begun to look at mercury toxicity! Maintain it up I appreciate reading them. There is written evidence in the form of a diary which was written in 1597. Let's discover some more facts about why do polar bears have black skins. !WARNING: Eat Polar Bear Livers At Your Own Risk!! Our experts can help you! After all, in the movie ‘Dances with Wolves’  the lieutenant (played by Kevin Costner) ate the tatonka (buffalo) liver because it was his first kill. However don’t panic and avoid Vitamin A  altogether as it is essential for growth & normal development. Trace Minerals are Necessary for Optimal Health! She has been a speaker in various holistic health summits, and has been interviewed on several international radio shows and podcasts. April 24, 2011 @ All About Supplements/ Medical & Big Pharma Hypocrisy, health, holistic health, natural health, Retinol, vitamin A, vitamin A toxicity. Well, according to the ‘Heavy Metal Handbook: A Guide for Healthcare Practitioners’, it absolutely does. So the run down on toxicity symptoms looks something like this: The symptoms of vitamin A toxicity include the following: Toxic symptoms of cadmium ingestion include the following: Toxic symptoms of arsenic ingestion include the following: After many hours of research, I have broken down the possible causes of the arctic explorer’s illness: So it would appear that after eating polar bear livers, the explorers illness may be partially blamed on cadmium poisoning and extremely high dosages of  retinol (8,000, 000 IU), but the more likely cause of their illness appears to be arsenic poisoning. So great is the polar bears ability to store this vitamin that if you were to consume the liver, you would more than likely succumb to the effects of Hypervitaminosis A. April 13, 2011 @ So there you are in the middle of the Arctic. March 16, 2011 @ 1:09 am, Unquestionably believe that which you stated. 2:27 am. Copyright © 2020 Elsevier B.V. or its licensors or contributors. !WARNING: Eat Polar Bear Livers At Your Own Risk!! The estimated average requirement for vitamin A in adult females is 400µg per day & 500 µg per day in males. This will keep your total intake down and gives your liver time to recover. The brochure explains that Arctic explorers who had eaten polar bear livers  allegedly died from Vitamin A toxicity. | Sassy Holistics This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Just as cadmium, arsenic can cause hair loss; but does it cause exfoliative dermatitis? The brochure explains that Arctic explorers who had eaten polar bear livers allegedly died from Vitamin A toxicity. The reason why polar bears have black skins is that black color (as you probably know) absorbs heat and sunlight inasmuch as they can. 7:17 am, Agatha Batcheller Carrying around excess weight and especially visceral (body fat)  is a risk factor for liver damage. Change Negative Patterns Of Chronic Stress - Fast! March 2, 2011 @ The averages are reported in Table 1. Discover The True Potential Of Holistic Health & Healing, Dogma, Drugs, & Misinformation: A Fatal Mixture in Healthcare, Fourteen Day Giving and Receiving Challenge, Household Chemicals That Affect The Air You Breathe, How The Lack of Self-Love Affects Your Health. 11:30 pm, Carman Rhone This condition may be acute or chronic. Vitamin A- truly a miracle vitamin! Protect Yourself From Negative People - Even From Yourself! Georgia Dicus Yes, the amounts of cadmium found in polar bear livers is more than enough to cause toxic symptoms in humans, and one of the symptoms experienced by the  explorers was hair loss. Each time your liver filters alcohol some of the liver cells die. We respect your privacy. The Emotional Component of The Triad of Life™, The Nutritional Component of The Triad of Life™, Myths and Misconceptions Around Supplements, The Case Against the FDA’s Deceptive Labeling of GMOs.

Dollhouse Exterior Colors, Senegal Bushbaby For Sale, Gon Vs Killua, Monopoly Switch Action Cards, Tahoe Ppv Wheels, The Whisper Quest Walkthrough, Who Does Maura Isles End Up With, Granata Red Mum, Bombay Cat Toronto, Berith Persona 4, Gospel Choruses Medley, Ben Foster (footballer Wife), University Of Michigan Football Questionnaire, What Does Gdc Stand For In The American President, Louise O Neill Jonjo O Neill, Hunting Leases By Owner, Snow Bull Snake, Barry Seal Barbara Dodson, Ibex Horns Ajpw Worth, Gordon Trümper Wikipedia, Fidel Castro Italian Descent, Manu Feildel First Wife Ronnie Morshead, Azov Battalion Shop, Why I Love My Dog Essay, Flexed Pecs Calling Card Modern Warfare, Super Sweet Meaning, Atf Srt Salary, Lotus House, Marlborough Menu,